“Great food and the staff really hustles . . . I'll be back”

Pepe's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 168 Restaurants in Harlingen
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Austin, TX
“Great food and the staff really hustles . . . I'll be back”
Reviewed March 4, 2010

I had the enchiladas verdes with beans a la charra, rice, sour cream and guacamole. everything was freshly made, even the chips still glistened from the oil they were fried in. A most unusual picante with nice flavor, mild, not hot. The frozen margarita in a tall mug was delivered as ordered, with no salt ( I can't tell you how many times I've sent them back at other restaurants because they don't listen.). I eat out about two hundred nights a year, as I travel with my job all over Texas. I would rate this restaurant among the ten best I've been to . . . I'll be back. sw

NYC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Mexican Food”
Reviewed January 22, 2010

One of the best mexican restaurants I have ever been to. The food is fantastic and I continue to go back. When I am in Harlingen this is the first restaurant I want to visit. Sometimes, I even eat there more than once. The owner and staff are professional and curtious. They are friendly and always greet you with a smile.

L.D.

1 Thank Molly798
Harlingen
“WORST food restaurant and service in the Harlingen Area!!”
Reviewed December 17, 2008

BAD Food, Bad Service and WORST hostess i have ever met.
Dined there on 12/16/08.
Had the hostess served buffet..bad attitude when servignt he food, and nasty looks during dinner.
Took a business partner to dinner, and tried to show one of the so-called BEST of the Best local spots.
I am a Director of First Impressions for the local school district, and they showed no professional attitude at all.
WILL NEVER Return to this place.
Sorry Joe Ayala, you need to revamp your staff, and attitude in this restaurant.
Abel Gonzalez

Houston, TX
“Good Food!”
Reviewed December 8, 2008

My boyfriend and I ate here after driving past many other mexican food places on the same street. This is a very good place to eat! The food tasted homemade, and very delicious.

2 Thank lonestarbassclarinet
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Pretty decent food. Of the best in the Valley.”
Reviewed December 29, 2007

Pretty decent food. Of the best in the Valley.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook