“Excellent”

Pepe's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 186 Restaurants in Harlingen
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I hesitate to go to Mexican restaurants while on the road since I have had several incidents of gastro intestinal upsets. I love the flavors but just usually isn't worth it. Pepe's in Harlingen, Tx was a different experience. Greeted with friendly service, professional waiters, and fast service. Went with friends who frequent this restaurant so was highly recommended. Ordered chicken combo and have to say it was the best I have ever had. Rice was delicious, chicken was tender and flavorful, and overall platter was a pleasure. My husband ordered same platter and enjoyed it equally. Would love to have this restaurant close to my home in DE.

Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Greeted right away very friendly service was fast n correct food was super I had the jalapeno soup n refried beans my friend had a taco salad would definately recommend.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stopped for lunch based on trip adviser reviews, everything as expected good food,very attentive waiter,chips and salsa,I had mex plate, good plenty to eat. Place was clean, service very good price 17.00 for my wife and I

Reviewed January 29, 2013

As a previous reviewer said, Pepe's food does remind me of border food I used to eat in Matamoros. On a recent trip to Harlingen, I went with 3 friends to Pepe's. We decided to split the botana platter for two. This had plenty of food for four people especially since we all ordered cups of the delicious jalepeno soup. Bontana platter was very good, but the soup was a must have. It is called jalepeno soup but there are no jalepeno's in it--just chicken, rice, and cheese--fabulous! Service was fast. Will visit again next time in Harlingen.

1  Thank Kate26155711
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Had lunch once again at what we feel is the best Mexican Food in The Valley. It reminds us of the food that used to be in Matamoros before the violence. Everything was fresh and the service is quick and professional even with a full house which is most of the time. We like to order off the side order menu and add things like extra cheese and Salsa Picante. Gotta Love it. Very reasonable prices make it the best! Five Stars in all Departments! Ho Ho Ho!!!

1  Thank PeteLosFresnos_Texas