“Worst Golden Corral ever.”
Review of Golden Corral

Golden Corral
Ranked #22 of 172 Restaurants in Harlingen
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Golden Corral is usually a fairly good buffet style restaurant, but my experiences with this one has been anything but good. The food had been sitting in the trays all day, apparently, and when we went for dinner everything we tried was dried out. I'd eat at Golden Corral again, but not at this one. You won't either if you like your food fresh. There's just no excuse for it.

1  Thank Michael B

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Exceeded expectations. Buffet offerings were kept filled, hot, and appetizing. Table service was frequent and friendly.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

We have tried this Golden Corral, at different times of the day. If you go early evening before all the families with UNATTENDED CHILDREN get there it is adequate at best. But come dinner hour it is unacceptable. I have stopped children from sticking their fingers and used sticks in the chocolate meant for dipping fruit or cake. The parents got mad at me! Management did clean this out as soon as I told them and made a big fuss. We have complained to the management about other children issues to no avail. The parents of most of the children let them run around like animals, and the management does nothing. We have seen this on more then one occasion. There is a lot of cross contamination of food, and staff does not keep up. The more desirable items run out, and are not replaced. Food is left out on the steamer trays too long, food on the floor, very unappetizing. The food even at its best is really not that good. Some of the staff is ok, but most are indifferent. Both my husband and I have gotten sick. The one in McAllen near Sams is even worse. When we lived in the Carolinas we used to eat at Ryan's. This is not Ryan's.

2  Thank Laura W
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I thought everything was great the service the food that was so awesome

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook