“A Favorite Place”

Dining options: Reservations
Los Fresnos, Texas
“A Favorite Place”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We've always enjoyed Olive Garden, from TX to OH and in between. Today we decided to improve a difficult morning with a good lunch, Half-Pannini and Salad. My wife's salad bowl arrived with a bit of salad in it already, dried on. It was quickly replaced. My Half-Pannini came with what looked like a bite out of one corner. Of course, they replaced the sandwich and comped the meal, but denied that it had been bitten. Maybe it wasn't, but aren't the servers supposed to check the dishes and food before plopping them down? Neither the bowl or sandwich should have seen our table! Of course, the actual food was O.K., but the steak & portabella wasn't great, just acceptable.

• Visited October 2011

Brownsville, Texas
“Bring your loved ones and enjoy a good meal!”
Reviewed July 24, 2011

It's a good place to have a romantic dinner or a family night out. It is clean and the staff is so nice.I have enjoyed several dishes from this place. My favorite is the Trio combo. I also love the peach tea! If you love sweets, try the lemon cream cake! So good!

One thing to think about is the weekend crowd. You will have to wait for a seat. Many people love this place so much, that they do not mind the wait. To avoid the crowd, go for lunch at 11:00am, but by 12:00 it starts getting full due to the lunch crowd.

You may spend an average of 15-20 dollars per person. Of course, it depends on what you order.

• Visited July 2011
Harlingen
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disorganized and Thieves”
Reviewed March 12, 2010

This is the most disorganized Olive Garden I have ever been to. The service is less than stellar. The wait staff is not organized into certain areas of the restaurant. What they do is just happen upon a table so you may sit there for over 20 minutes waiting for a waiter. They do not bring out the appetizer before the main course, this has happened more than 5 times. Today, a cell phone was left on our table by my husband and upon returning within 15 minutes the cell phone disappeared. The manager refused to assist us in a search and covered for his staff. These people are dirty. DO NOT EAT AT THIS PLACE!

1 Thank pkindle
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great atmosphere.”
Reviewed June 26, 2008

Great atmosphere.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Conroe, Texas
“What a horrible little place”
Reviewed September 4, 2007

I am pretty fair, in my opion, when I rate restaurants. I put in my kudos as well as my ire. This place has earned my ire. Granted Harlingen is a small place and the pickins are slim, but if that is the case, you will not earn a thumbs up from me just because. As far as I am concerned, try a hole in the wall place if I were you or if I was me and there would be a next time.

The wait is ridiculous for this place. It is hot, it is dirty, they are slow, they have trouble with their own menu and all of this just draws suspicion upon the quality of the food.

I really don't want to spend a ton of time on this restaurant, but this is a two thumbs down place and more if I had extra hands.

1 Thank donut44