“It was ok”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #13 of 173 Restaurants in Harlingen
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I was expecting more..but it was still good..the food was good and the service was too...Nick was a great server..one thing I did not like was the tea tasted like water from the faucet...other than that we will be visiting again!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Cold drizzly day in Harlingen so decided to meander around Bass Pro Shop, then head for a nice lunch. The hostess was very polite and friendly. The decor of the restaurant is very Texan and I especially liked the framed belt buckles and lighting. We requested a booth which we received and I ordered the chicken and avocado 1/2 sandwich with soup, choice of the 4 soups which are on the menu, I ordered the lobster corn chowder. The waitress asked if we would like some bread and a lovely small loaf of about 6 nice slices was brought to us hot and piping with butter on the side, we ate that and really enjoyed it too!! My sandwich was served on a warm, thick and soft flatbread/Pita with lots of chicken and tomatoe and lettuce, very good, the soup was amazing,it had a little spicy nip, the garnish is some very delicious homemade thin potatoe chips with a white sauce with bacon, very good, I would order those by themselves if possible. My husband had the shaved primerib 1/2 sandwich with grilled onions and the house salad, both of which he said were excellent. We had tall ice waters with it and our meal was just under 18.00 If I had known about the bread I probably would not have ordered a sandwich but a soup and a salad instead, although I loved my sandwich.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We had gift cards for here so it was time to use them. I'm giving this 4 stars but it really was nothing special.
They cooked a decent steak and good sides. There really was nothing outstanding to mention good or bad.
Main complaint was the tea - didn't taste fresh but that's not a deal breaker. Also very clean bathrooms - that's a big plus for me!

1  Thank Angela9498
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Longhorn Steakhouse was a welcome addition to Harlingen's barren non-Mexican food restaurant scene a year ago. When I reviewed the restaurant nine months ago, I gave it an excellent rating. Since then the restaurant has slipped further and further. It is inconsistent. One time the steak is cooked a perfect medium rare; the next time the beef sandwich is burned and dry. One time the salad is fresh and the dressing tasty; the next time the lettuce should have been tossed. One time the drinks taste great and are served in a timely manner; the next time it takes 15 minutes to get a drink and there is no bartender in sight. Friends of ours have notified corporate management of the problems and vowed to boycott Longhorn. My wife and I will keep trying, hoping it improves. Longhorn just stole the best server from the country club, so we will ask for her. Our fingers are crossed!.And why don't they take reservations?

1  Thank johnb1246
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I had a salad it was not appealing it had too much bacon that taste terrible. i also ordered a shrimp appetizer it was all greasy-my husband had the steak he asked for medium well, it was very raw. We lost our appetites. I will not be going back.