“3 weeks after South Texas Traveller review and SAME EXPERIENCE”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #13 of 173 Restaurants in Harlingen
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Here at 4:45 -3/4 the place empty and the hostess tells everyone the wait is 10 minutes. Understaffed by management is a bad guest experience. We may try once more before we say Adios Texas longhorn Steakhouse.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was my first time to visit a Longhorn steakhouse. We went on a busy Saturday night and had to wait 40 minutes to be seated. It was well worth the wait. The restaurant was packed and you could tell the manager and staff were working their rear ends off. Food was excellent and the dessert was huge. We had some chocolate thing that would have been plenty for 4 people. We took home over half of it and enjoyed it again later. Also note they use fresh vegetables. This is much more of a classy restaurant than Texas Roadhouse or Logans Roadhouse but the prices are comparable.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have have had the opportunity to eat here twice in the last month and both times the food has been great. I've tasted their ribeyes, ribs, napa chicken, sienna chicken and pork chops and I must say they have been delicious. Their rib eyes are cooked to order, ribs have tender meat, chicken is really tender and juicy, and the pork chops are served two large, juicy and at a good price.
Now, for the service..On the two occasions that I have been there, I have noticed that the wait staff always seems very hurried. Seems almost as if there is not enough help to go around. Another curious observation is that you can be standing outside with 20 other people (not exaggerating) waiting to be called and once you go in you see that there are plenty of tables to go around. I'm hoping this is just a glitch for it is a new restaurant. Roadhouse steak house across town can get really busy at times, but you never really see this sort of logistic nightmare. Hopefully, continued staff training will resolve this issue in the near future, because they really do have good food.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

My wife and I have eaten at Longhorn Steakhouse three times since it opened a few months ago. The food is excellent, the service good and improving, and the atmosphere is far better than competitor Texas Roadhouse (Thankfully they don't have "screaming birthdays"like TR has).
The filets and ribeyes as well as sides were excellent; the margaritas were great; the appetizers were tasty (we had Tonions yesterday); and the honey wheat bread could pass for cake. In a market starving for good restaurants, it is of course quite crowded. That simply reinforces my point about the quality of this new restaurant. I just hope other top notch chains recognize
that Harlingen with the help of surrounding communities will support an excellent restaurant with slightly higher than average prices..

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We are thrilled to welcome a new restaurant to our town! The Longhorn Steakhouse is a cut above other steakhouses in town. The decor, atmosphere, service, and food are all better. We ate lunch on the first Sunday they were open for business. The training staff and management were still on board, but the regular wait staff were superb. Multiple crew members stopped by our table to check on us and refill drinks as we needed them. My husband had the Flat-Iron Steak with Stuffed Portabella and I had the signature White Cheddar & Smoked Bacon Stuffed Steak. Both steaks were cooked to perfection. They were tender and juicy; great cuts of meat. The menu is well rounded with ribs, chicken, and seafood entrees. This steakhouse is in the same family of restaurants as Olive Garden and Red Lobster, but in my opinion, the Steakhouse is the top of this line. If you're looking for a great steak without all the yelling and peanut shells on the floor, this is the restaurant for you.

1  Thank TexasLibraryLady