“Overrated and overpriced”

Colletti's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 170 Restaurants in Harlingen
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Colletti's is the only family owned Italian restaurant in Harlingen and is located in the historic The Reese, downtown. On the menu, you will find generous portions, bold flavors and reasonable prices. Our lunches are served Monday to Friday from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM. In addition to our full lunch menu, we have daily specials which constantly bring new flavors and exciting dishes to you and your guests. The pizzas from our brick oven have quickly become the buzz about town with their thin Naples crust and endless possibilities featuring different sauce and topping options.The food will be home-style and not pretentious. Whenever possible local suppliers will be used and area farms will grow custom produce to our exacting standards. The philosophy of the chefs' cooking style for Colletti's is to use the freshest, most wholesome ingredients to prepare food that is tasty, authentic and simply prepared.
Harlingen, TX
“Overrated and overpriced”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Very limited menu--wanted a vegan meal and they had no vegetables in the restaurant. This was at dinnertime. Prices are way too high for Harlingen--much better upscale restaurants in Brownsville and McAllen. Owner is very snobbish and not very helpful when a complaint is registered. Drinks are watered down. Service is probably the only good thing about this restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank owlsrus

Harlingen, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Too costly for what you get”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Service was excellent and restaurant is very clean . I usually judge by the bathroom how clean the kitchen. The bathrooms were very clean. I forget what we ordered but it wasn't worth what we paid. It is very pricey for the food you receive. Excuse me but you will get more for your money at Olive Garden!

• Visited August 2013
Medellin, Colombia
“Not all that”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I called in to ask about their steak and first the woman who answered was not even sure if they were open yet or not (and they were open, and then she copped an attitude with me), and then quoted me $70.00 for a 20 oz steak (plus tax which would come to $75.78 total), I almost fell off my chair...Do they think they are a bog city steakhouse or something? In comparison, one of my favorite steakhouses in Boston (Abe and Louie's) has a 40oz porterhouse for $88 (plus tax), which feeds two to three. Most of the best steakhouses will not sell you anything under a 20+oz steak for over $50. Anyway, I find it indicative of their entire attitude and they should really realize where they are doing business and that just will not fly in Harlingen, TX (nor in most parts of the world, except maybe Japan). When I have been there, I found the decor and quality of the tables and chairs to be very poor, their wait staff to generally be unknowledgeable about their menu and Italian food in general, their food is really not all that (coming from someone who grew up with an Italian mother) and I must admit that I find it very odd that they do not have a TV at the bar area.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank mbthom1971
Edinburg, Texas
“Very Elegent”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My wife and i went after my brother suggested it to us. I had the lasagna and my wife had the eggplant with marinara over spaghetti. Both of our plates surpassed our expectations. The lasagna was huge and filled with a delicious mix of cheeses. The marinara was complex with fresh basil. The service was great with several people checking on us and taking care of our meal. We were very happy. It is also the most beautiful place in Harlingen.

I went through the comments and notice the bad comments were mostly that the food was not authentic Italian. While i understand that it is not authentic it is still great food. Don't expect to find true Italian in the Valley. Much the same as don't expect to find true Mexican food in Harlingen, My wife is from Mexico city and nothing comes close to real Mexican here.

This is a beautiful restaurant that is definitely worth visiting

• Visited January 2014
Lansing, Michigan
“Excellent Italian food in great atmosphere”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

A group of 6 of us ate here all of us having been in Italy in the last few years and we all liked what we had. The antipasto was quite elaborate and tasty. The pizza was the authentic thin crust pizza and was quite good. All of us liked our entrees and dessert was yummy. I would recommend this for anyone who wants a change of pace from the rest of the restaurants in Harlingen. We also lingered at our table for an hour after we ate and did not feel rushed.

• Visited January 2014