“Nice atmosphere, not supported by the food”

Colletti's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 170 Restaurants in Harlingen
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Colletti's is the only family owned Italian restaurant in Harlingen and is located in the historic The Reese, downtown. On the menu, you will find generous portions, bold flavors and reasonable prices. Our lunches are served Monday to Friday from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM. In addition to our full lunch menu, we have daily specials which constantly bring new flavors and exciting dishes to you and your guests. The pizzas from our brick oven have quickly become the buzz about town with their thin Naples crust and endless possibilities featuring different sauce and topping options.The food will be home-style and not pretentious. Whenever possible local suppliers will be used and area farms will grow custom produce to our exacting standards. The philosophy of the chefs' cooking style for Colletti's is to use the freshest, most wholesome ingredients to prepare food that is tasty, authentic and simply prepared.
Niagara Falls, Canada
“Nice atmosphere, not supported by the food”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Recommend by a friend as being one of the best restaurants in Harlingen, I was very disappointed in the food and serve. I ate here with several friends and colleagues and we all felt that the restaurant though nicely decorated served very mediocre Italian food. I had the Veal Marsala which was so sweet it was almost inedible, it was served on angel hair pasta totally overcooked. For desert I had the Tiramisu, the portion was enormous, and totally bland. One of my colleagues selected a pasta dish, again very disappointing. They had a small and vey limited selection of wines, and though I believe in supporting the local economy, a Pinot Noir from Texas was not a good selection. Overall the service was okay. Very disappointing and not worth a visit if you want to experience Italian food.

• Visited December 2012

Lower Rio Grande Valley, TX
“An Italian Restaurant Should be Able to Cook Pasta”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a very pretty restaurant with a pleasant atmosphere. My girlfriends took me there for lunch on my birthday. Having grown up in New Jersey with many, many Italian American friends and having traveled in Italy, I'm fairly knowledgeable when it comes to pasta. I love pasta. Colletti's has not learned to cook pasta properly. My pasta was overcooked and mushy. They have no concept of al dente. The red sauce that they claim is homemade from an old family recipe tasted more like it came from a can.

I had been really looking forward to a great pasta meal and I was very disappointed.

• Visited August 2012
Bailey
“Absolutely Delicious and Wonderful!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I can't say enough about how awesome this place is. The dining area is spotlessly clean, the food beyond compare and the servers are knowledgeable and friendly. You will not be disappointed!

Visited March 2012
San Antonio, Texas
“Love this place!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Finally, a trendy resturant in Harlingen!
This is my 2nd time here. First time was a business lunch, today was dinner.
Great menu selections. Couldn't decide between the garlic shrimp and the short ribs. My server, Thane, suggested the garlic shrimp. To die for! Large portions of shrimp with herb and butter angel hair pasta. Don't miss the Tiramisu for dessert.
The service was excellent! I almost didn't stop when I saw a large party outside, usually spells service disaster. The service was so great I didn't even notice all the people outside. Beautiful patio area.
The ambiance inside is very nice, a bit noisy from the concrete floors.
I enjoy my business trips to the Valley since I found Colletti's!

Harlingen, Texas
“Overpriced mediocre food”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I hesitate to pile on after noting Colletti's ranks below the Oyster Bar! Owner Jo Wagner has invested a ton of money in Colletti's decor in an attempt to become Harlingen's only fine dining restaurant. It hasn't worked because the food and service are mediocre. Trying to give them a fourth chance in the past year last weekend, we found the lasagna to be inedible and the veal tough. The wait staff is still not well trained. Our waiter failed to inform us the caesar salad was $4 more, charged us $13 for what he had implied was a sample of the appetizer special, and disappeared after serving the entrees. Three of us left Colletti's disappointed after an hour and forty minutes .... and $150 poorer. Harlingen still needs a fine dining restaurant!

• Visited August 2012