“Don't go for the Pad Thai”
Review of li'l Ritas

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
li'l Ritas
Ranked #103 of 170 Restaurants in Harlingen
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Authentic Thai Food. Need to include in reviews as it is one of a kind choice to eat Thai food in Harlingen. Food is excellent. Worth a look.
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have visited Harlingen a few times for work travel and my coworkers always take me here for lunch. The first time I went I had their Pad Thai, which in my opinion isn't authentic. Traditional Pad Thai isn't served as dry noodles, it contains fish sauce with garlic or shallots. Anyways, I'm probably being a little harsh but I was expecting more. I tried a stir fry dish the second time I went and I was much more impressed. Tasty place, just not my favorite.

There are newer reviews for li'l Ritas

Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have eaten here for years ( moved away) so now it is the first place I want to go when I am here in the summers. Yes hours are weird, the wait can be long.... but so worth the wait. Everything is done from scratch as you order so its first come first serve. The best Thai food I have ever had. Their Pad Thai with shrimp is unbelievable & the Tom Ka Gai soup as well. Any inconvenience that you may have to endure is SO WORTH THE WAIT !!! and although it might be a lil on the pricey side ... " you get what you pay for" "

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I really do not know how this place stays in business since they are open around 20 a week, and their food preparation times are extremely slow only allowing them to process limited orders when they are open. Overall we were never impressed and have tried it 3 times and I think we are done giving them the befit of the doubt on their over-priced small portions that really is not very good. Thanks but no thanks.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have been eating here for years and always have been pleased. Service a bit slow but all dishes made from scratch. Only complaint would be the portions. You get an ice cream scoop of rice and if you want more there's an extra charge. Also Water is an extra. If you are looking for a cheap lunch this is not a place to go. Lots of Hospital People eat here and don't seem to mind the prices. We have been such long time customers that we've grown past those items I mentioned and just enjoy the food. Burp!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stopped here for lunch. Their menu is about half the size of any other Thai restaurant to which we've been. The service was slow, and they charged us for the water we drank. Yes, it was bottled water but filtered tap water would have been just as good and wouldn't have cost us anything. The food was good, but not outstanding and the portions were very small. My wife had cashew chicken and after searching the plate discovered only one cashew in the whole serving. While the servings were small, the prices were not. A cheap meal at lunch time will run between $10 and $15 which is outrageously pricey. The restaurant is in an old house, so dining takes place in several rooms, none of which has the kind of decor a meal of that price should bring.