“Hotel was nice... but”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harlingen
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Harlingen
Reviewed November 11, 2005

The hotel itself was nice. The rooms were clean. I did notice little ants all over the place though. My biggest complaint was the lack of outdoor lighting. Coming in after dark, the area was almost totally dark (perhaps the street lights simply needed new bulbs?) I only stayed one night and did not feel comfortable outside of the building.

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled on business

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 3, 2005

Thanks to some quick thinking by my company's travel assistant, she booked me at the Country Inn and Suites in Harlingen for a 3 day business trip after learning about the great experience had by another manager who had been in the area two months before my trip.

Normally as part of my business, I travel a lot and have stayed at a number of places in the three state area. I have to say that the first indication that this hotel was going to make the top of my list for the year was the most pleasant and welcoming check in agent, Erica. The room was great and the huge business area was a nice change from what I have seen in the recent past. The hotel was very clean and overall it was a great experience. I'll be back soon!

• Stayed: August 2005, traveled on business
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New Orleans, LA
Reviewed May 20, 2005

Had a wonderful weekend stay at the Country Inn and Suites with my son who is at a local private school. Keep up the great work! Room was perfect and Rosalinda was very helpful when we checked in. Most likely the best value of any hotel we have ever stayed in. We will definately be back the next time we are in town.

• Stayed: May 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed May 17, 2005

Wanted to give a shout out to the excellent group running this hotel. Stayed in April as part of a commercial project in Harlingen and me and the guys had a great time. Teresa at the counter was awesome. I can't say enough about how much these guys care about their guests! Keep up the good work! Also, we loved the cookies! Thanks for making our stay the best ever.

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 13, 2005

This has to be one of the nicest hotels in the US for this amount of money!! I was here on business but felt like I was on vacation. I paid $60 for a 2 room suite with separate bedroom separated by the large bathroom and large lviing room area with couch and chair and table and big TV. The bedroom also has a TV. Breakfast was great with waffles and omelets, etc. and they would deliver it to your room for no charge!!! The pool and hot spa were wonderful with the pool heated to a 'walk straight in and feel wonderful' temperature! Gee, I feel like a shill for this hotel but was not expecting such friendly, helpful staff. It had a separate reading room and computer center plus high speed internet hook up in your room. But it was more pleasant going to the business center than hooking up my laptop. Also, the breakfast room was so pleasant and the patio outside, it was just to nice to eat in the room. The decor was very nice and it is only 4 years old so everything still nice and new. There were lots of USA Today in the reading room, breakfast room, and room as well as the local paper. There is certainly no hesitency in reccomending this hotel and while I get to Harlingen only rarely, I will look very forward to staying here again. PS. Certainly not a bad neighborhood at all. Walked and jogged in the area each day. It is possible to have your car broken into in any hotel, it is just to bad that ruined the rest of the experience. I never saw a police car on site during my weeks stay so I think this was an isolated incident.

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled on business
7  Thank Dave H
Reviewed April 27, 2005

We were looking for a hotel to serve as a base for birding
in south Texas, and we were very pleased with this one.
The room was clean and well cared for; the service was attentive
(they even set out fresh cookies in the afternoon in the lobby);
free high-speed internet (although their DSL was sometimes
intermittent). There was nice attention to detail in the layout and
the design of the place.
The breakfast was more varied than is typical of motels in this price
category -- there was even a do-it-yourself waffle maker.
And the location was very convenient for us. On our next trip
down, we will definitely look to stay there again.

4  Thank ejmartin
Eastland, TX
Reviewed September 27, 2004

The worst thing about this motel was the fact I did not get to go back and stay another week! I travel 45 weeks a year and this was the best value I have ran across this year

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member