“wouldn't have it any other way.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harlingen
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Harlingen
Duluth, Minnesota
“wouldn't have it any other way.”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

my family and I stayed for over a week, and felt at home. Roland at the front desk was very friendly. He knew where to get the best food and where to have fun. He made are stay all the better. We will be going back to Harlingen in February and we will stay here again as long as Roland is checking us in. I wish all the hotels we stayed at had more friendly faces like Roland's. thank you sir, for our pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Sarah J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Overland, Missouri
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Aug. 29-Sept. 1, three night stay. Hotel is clean. Rooms are spacious, beds are comfortable. Breakfast was okay. Area is quiet. Close to highway. 35 minute drive to South Padre Island which was the reason for our trip to Harlingen. Staff was very pleasant. Will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Annetta P
silvestro1, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harlingen, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. Our Staff is great and we try to exceed every guest's expectations.
Galveston Island, Texas
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have a few things to say about the hotel. i stayed from august 14-august 18 2013.

1:rooms- the room were big and the sheets were comfy, but the carpet was dirty with stains and some stains look like they been there along time like the carpet has not been shampooed or something and the carpet had a big red stain between the beds not sure were that came from, the sheets weren't changed cause my comforter was torn on the side and when we got back it was the same comforter on the bed, the bed was just made. o yah and rooms need more outlets to plug things into hello its the millennium ppl carry lots of electronics with them.
2: breakfast- i have no idea were they get saying there was different breakfast everyday must be a employee cause it was the same thing everyday me and my sister skipped a few days cause we were tired of eating the same thing eggs, sausage, potatoes, waffles was the main stuff every day no bacon, no biscuits, no pancakes, loved the waffles though
3: washer and dryer- it was ok, washer was good but they didn't have any fabric softener available we had to drive to walmart to get stuff to wash clothes, the dryer was not that good took forever to dry our jean shorts and to take them out and just let them air dry.
4:front desk staff- employees were nice and friendly no complains
5: gym- was super hot i know we want to burn calories but dam not have a heat stroke
6:housekeeping- not to good found dirty dishes in our room, refrigerator was dirty when we first checked in had to clean it ourselves.
overall it was decent but no 4 star maybe 3 star hotel and for the price they charge i think they should go a little cheaper or after a major make over and shampoo all there carpets and take the stains out before renting rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank bb1998
silvestro1, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Harlingen, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while staying with us. I have spoken with our maintenance and housekeeping supervisors about your concerns. I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. We appreciate the feedback as it will only help us get better.
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

The exterior grounds is ugly needs work. The bedroom furniture is old and dated. This place needs a remodel. Will not stay here again. The staff was friendly. Free breakfast average. Newer properties around this motel so next time I will stay at one of these.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank peacemonkey1
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The nicest thing I can say about this hotel is that the desk clerk is very polite and informative. It's not within walking distance of anything, the rooms even after cleaning, aren't very clean. I had to ask for our bathroom to get re-mopped after they cleaned due to grey stuff all over the tile and a clump of hair that isn't ours appeared. The pool doesn't look very inviting. How did this place ever get 4 stars??

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Argh1978
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I really dont understand the 4 star rating for 2013. July 3,2013 staying through the 7 of july. First the price is good. The room was not vacuumed, the sheets were never changed because they had strains on them, the faucet had to be changed by maintance because when i turned it on it started to leak from the base of the wall. When you first enter through the front doors, the glass doors are filty, they need to be cleaned with windex, first empression is everything. I'am waiting at the front desk and all i'am hearing from other customers are complaints of missing items, like no soap,towels,etc. Just for the record i spoke to management and they took care of all of our needs in fixing everything Wright away. But i have been itching ever since i came into the country inn suits. My prior three day stay were at the holiday in express suits and there attendance to customer's and service , room is impeccable. The pool is not a pretty site. I was able to write this text because I'am waiting for the very polite cleaning lady to finish cleaning our room. Thank you.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank travelmanman5
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. I stayed here from June 13 through June 23 and never had a problem.
1: Rooms= The room where more like suites and very spacious and they were clean every day.
2: Breakfast= I stayed at other hotels were breakfast is served but nothing like this. They served something different every single day. They served three different type of cereals they had your coffee, juice, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, pastries, bread, eggs, sausage, potatoes, bacon pancakes and waffles. The big flat screen TV was a bonus while we ate breakfast. The cafeteria staff were helpful when plates, spoons ran low.
4: Washer and dryer= The washer and dryer may be a bit outdated but they still got the job done. When I needed quarters, the front desk help me with that.
5: Front desk staff= They were all awesome, friendly and had NO bad attitudes. The guy David that works in the front always had a smile and I noticed that he always made eye contact when greeting everyone that came in or walk by the front desk. They were all nice and helpful!!!
6: Housekeeping= some were quiet and others very friendly. There this one housekeeper that I cannot remember her name right now but I cannot give enough Thank You's to her for helping me with a little accident that my grandmother had coming out the elevator. She was super awesome!!!
Overall my stay at this hotel was excellent. Like I said before, I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel and I do recommend this hotel to everyone. My family and I have decided that next time we are back in Harlingen we will most definitely stay here.
Thank you everyone at the County Inn & Suites by Carlson for making our stay memorable.

• Stayed June 2013