“La Playa Mexican Cafe Harlingen”

La Playa Mexican Cafe
Ranked #1 of 170 Restaurants in Harlingen
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2012

The atmosphere was great and welcoming.Though it was a bit pricey by most Mexican restaurant standards,their menu had some unique twists on Mexican food I had never seen elsewhere.
The food was very good,if not exactly what we were used to as Mexican fare.
Most people,I believe,will lke this place.I rate it above average and would return for another dinner when in the area.

1  Thank jmdrmd2
There are newer reviews for La Playa Mexican Cafe

Reviewed April 3, 2012

My all time place to get a good meal, price is also good

Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is our favorite restaurant in Harlingen. And we have eaten there many many times over the last 3 years.

They have some really unique things on the menu and they are very good, like fried, stuffed avocados, and Fried eggplant with seafood stuffing! (my favorite)

Its always busy but the service is excellent. The restaurant is pretty loud and busy and the parking is horrible.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Based on our first visit, this restaurant is just another Mexican restaurant with so-so food. Service was good and atmosphere is OK. I had the shrimp fajitas and the shrimp had little to no taste – a definite disappointment since Harlingen is so close to the Gulf. My wife had chicken fajitas and they were good but not great. We definitely get much better tasting fajitas at Chili’s. We visit family in Harlingen occasionally and have tried other places searching for authentic, fresh, and great tasting Mexican food. Overall La Playa is as good of Mexican food as we have had in Harlingen, but based on this visit it definitely is not what I would consider great – or even good. I suppose we will try it again next visit (but not the shrimp fajitas!). I hope what I have is better next time.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Had chalupa and stuffed avocado. Yum. Excellent and fast service. Strong Margaritas.