“Highly disappointed”

Oyster Bar Harlingen Tx
Ranked #57 of 170 Restaurants in Harlingen
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Simplicity and precision. The use of finest and freshest ingredients. These are the elements that make The Oyster Bar restaurant what we are THE VERY BEST.
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I went here twice thinking maybe the 2nd time would be better, however I was very disappointed both times. Ordered the fried shrimp and it was ok, salad was veeeery bad, was a big blob of lettuce and 2 small tomatoes. As pricey as everything is, you would think the salad would be beautiful with an array of lettuces and plenty of tomato. What's worse is there are no vegetables on the menu like a California mix. Crazy!!!!! Also what's up with the crazy small store bought rolls they give you? Look awful and taste awful. I heard they made handmade rolls years back, that were good. Would it be that exhausting to make fresh homemade rolls again? Bring those back!!! What happened to this place???? Interior needs remodeled desperately, and personnel need to be a little more excited to be there, plus have a more professional appearance. Never going back.

There are newer reviews for Oyster Bar Harlingen Tx

Reviewed June 22, 2012

We all had fried shrimp and fries. Service was good, salad was good, fried shrimp was not unlike what you can purchase at Sam's. Good, but nothing exceptional.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Once upon a time, I used to crave to eat here. The fish was delightfully breaded, the salads were incredibly fresh and crispy. The atmosphere was dank and lacking but it was worth going just to have the wonderful food. I don't know what has happened. I was there recently and it was awful. I was told the "normal cook "was off for the day. The breading was like something you would put on a tire to patch it. Please please get your good chef to train the substitute one. I will only try you one more time!

Reviewed April 26, 2012

This restaurant does not have an extensive menu, but what there is offers (contrary to a previous review) broiled options as well as fried for the fish and the shrimp. Server was very good; fish was either a little overdone or not entirely defrosted before cooking (I suspect the latter because it was the thickest part of the fish that was a little mushy). Flavor, with just a hint of garlic butter, was very good.

Reviewed April 6, 2011

I thought I would give this place a second chance. I was disappointed again. Over cooked seafood, all of it is fried. Sorely needs updating.

1  Thank KarenSTC