Days Inn Gun Barrel City
Americas Best Value Inn(Gun Barrel City)
$99
$86
$85
Comfort Inn & Suites, Mabank, Tx(Mabank)(Great Value!)
$85
TripAdvisor
Countryside Inn(Malakoff)
$50
Hotels.com
Super 8 Athens TX(Athens)(Great Value!)
$65
$55
$81
$67
$49
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This hotel ranks near the bottom of the many budged hotels that I have stayed at. The internet was only available for about 5 seconds. My non-smoking room smelled like smoke and I could hear everything my neighbors were saying. The breakfast was not as advertised. There was no fresh choices. I had to choose from high fructose corn syrup yogurt or a honey bun. I'm glad I was only here for one night.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Very nice location. Its only couple of blocks from the lake. V were there for business but also enjoyed the outdoor pool on a sunny day and went to the lake since it was close by. Their prices are the best in the area. There is La Quinta close by too but their rates were way higher so we opted for this one. Very friendly and helpful staff. V also enjoyed morning breakfast. Nice and fresh coffee with hot waffles and some oatmeal and bananas made my day. We will definetely be back when we go back to that city.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The room was clean, updated with a new HDTV. I did use the free internet service at this hotel and it worked well. I was in town to visit friends and family and enjoy boating activities at the lake. The hotel is close to all the restaurants and the lake. I will return in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The front desk woman was rude and unwilling to do anything. She was busy reading her kindle and everyone was a bother. We had to leave the old, run down hotel and stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites which was much cleaner, newer and had a great breakfast. Please do not pay in advance to stay at this dump. Horrible!

Room Tip: All rooms are run down and old.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christina H
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is my first review to write and this hotel/service was so bad I had to let every know of my experience. I am not usually one to complain.
Checked into our room, no problem. Actually when I opened the door I thought the room was VERY nice. Air conditioner unplugged, we plugged it in and with the 100 degree + I knew it would take some time to cool off. After 30 min, the temp outside was still cooler than the room was. I called the office, she said give it 30 min. but 45 min later we asked for another room. Also the cable connection to the tv was broken. There is no HBO/CINEMAS/SHOWTIME in this hotel

The next room was somewhat better, air conditioner unplugged, again we waited about 2 hours for the room to get comfortable. Shower did not have cold water. The sink had cold water but not the shower. The shower was manageable with the water temp but you couldn't get the water any cooler.

The blanket/bed spread still had the smell of someone's perfume/cologne and I could smell this when I went to bed that night when I pulled the blanket up to my neck

The next morning I told the owner/manager about the water issue in the shower. His reply was "you have to turn it to blue". Now I am an educated person, and this was a very poor response from a Best Western rep. I never even mentioned the other room issues. This stay has left a sour taste in my mouth as far as Best Western is concerned.

VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. AVOID this hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business