“Great stay here!”

Days Inn Gun Barrel City
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Gun Barrel City
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The property has new furniture in the rooms. Nice spacious clean rooms. The bathroom was very clean and the property is well kept. The price is amazing for a quality, comfortable room. I will stay here again. I had no problems with the wifi internet and the continental breakfast was good. The staff was friendly and very helpful in terms of finding my way around town.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 8, 2013

This hotel should NOT have the Best Western name! Very disappointing! The hotel definately needs to be updated. I couldn't believe there wasn't a microwave in the room. The sofa, in my room, was old and had a tear in it. Then the "Continental breakfast,"...horrible! They had a box of chocolate frosted donuts, that were purchased at the grocery store. The label was torn off, but you could tell they were not fresh. Old and stale donuts. The didn't have orange juice. Seriously?! What hotel doesn't have orange juice, for breakfast? They had honey buns that were old and stale, with no icing. Horrible! No effort at all, in the breakfast. I could have saved $10-$20 and stayed somewhere else and just paid for a fresh breakfast. I know this is a franchise, but there has to be some form of quality control, to make sure the Best Western standards are met!

• Stayed: January 2013
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The hotel is ground floor and the rooms are nice spacious and clean. The beds were comfortable and I used the hotel internet which did not have any problems. I will return to this hotel again. The lake is near by and there is a good choice of restaurants near by. Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The rates are very good. Your getting a clean fresh spacious comfortable room and I will return back to this hotel. The internet worked well and staff was helpful. The Gun Barrel City town is a nice small East Texas town with a good number of restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I enjoyed my stay here. NIce comfortable bed and spacious parking. The room was nice and clean and on the ground floor. Room rate was excellant. The hotel wifi worked very well. My daughter used the swimming pool and it was clean and well kept. I will stay here again. Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This was my second time at the Best Western Gun Barrel City Inn. The first time was almost 15 years ago when it was fairly new. The only thing I remembered about it was that the walls were thin and I could hear what the people next door were watching on TV. Now we have just spent two nights there again. I don't think the place has been updated since the first time we were there. The furniture was worn. We could still hear our neighbors (who came in at 1:00 a.m. and we're noisy until about 2:00 a.m.). On our second night we arrived back in the evening and our keys didn't work. We had two rooms, two keys for one room and one key for the other. None of them worked. We had to go up to the office, in the rain, and have them reprogram the keys. The free continental breakfast was mediocre. They didn't have hot water for tea. This morning (morning #2) we opted to go out for breakfast. They have free wifi, but on both my iPad and my iPhone it kept kicking me off. Probably the best thing about the place was that the shower had good water pressure. Next time we are in the area we will find another place to stay.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Thank you. I enjoyed this place. Nice beds good breakfast and internet and a good price. I don't have to pay 100.00 to stay here. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Quality Inn & Suites Canton
Canton Motel
Canton Motel
#5 of 6 in Canton

Been to Days Inn Gun Barrel City? Share your experiences!