“ANY PORT IN A STORM”
Review of Chalet Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Groom
Chalet Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Groom
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I was in day 2 of my 2,106 mile drive from Mt Pleasant, S. Carolina to Sedona, Az. when a weather alert came on AMarillo Radio Station warning of winds up to 65 MPH and golf ball size hail.
I called my son in Flagstaff and asked him to find a motel near a place called Groom, Texas.
The Chalet Inn was just off the freeway and the skies were growing darker with each sedond and winds were buffeting the car.
I found The Chalet and the owner had a room.
I was pleasantly suprised, very pleasantly surprised at how comfortable was the bed, how clean was everyhting in the room, vanity area, and bathroom.
The TV worked perfectly and a cold beer from the Conoco station along with a DQ Chicken fingers basket were all put to perfect use as I rode out the predicted storm. Thank God no all hail broke loose.
I would definitely recommend this inexpensive but not cheap in its care motel.
The owner and the staff were simply great.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank Extraactor

Reviewed April 2, 2012

I was traveling across country and didn't want to stay in Amarillo so I stopped at Chalet Inn. I arrived too late (9:30pm) to grab dinner at the next door Dairy Queen (closes at 9pm), so I scouted out and found the Allsups convenience store in the heart of the small town to get some food before settling in for the night. The owner of Chalet Inn was very nice when she checked me in. She gave me a quiet room on the back side of the motel. The room was clean, comfortable, and had everything I needed and expected. WiFi would have been nice but there was hardwire internet available so all was okay. The bathroom was clean and stocked, the towels smelled very clean and fresh, and the TV had the whole cable line-up of channels. I appreciated the small fridge and microwave in the room. Tax and all I think I paid less than $45 for the night - and you can't beat that in Groom - or in many other places. I would definitely stay there again. I took advantage of visiting the nearby Cross. Really cool - a must see!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Michael G
Reviewed January 17, 2012

that others have written, except for the value. No real value at $60. No shampoo, skimpy soap, cold water is not cold. Only one restaurant nearby. Old Tube TV with limited channels.

All this is OK for $30/night, bur at twice that I would have expected more.

It was clean and staff was nice.

Beds were realllllyy firm. And the ice machine is broken.

Other than that...

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mikechampaign
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We were on our way East and Amarillo was full from the rodeo in town. This was the next closest rated by Trip Advisor. Everything in the room is bare bones. There is a fridge/micro, but, the only clock in the room is on the micro.
No coffee maker in room. Walls are very thin so bring ear plugs.
Office staff super friendly.
Area definitely appears safe, despite being a small town off the freeway.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank 2-BornToTravel
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I saw a lot of good reviews for this hotel and so I thought I would try it out since there was a bad rain storm coming and I didn't want to drive in it. Since I stopped a little early I had time to look around town, but there was nothing to see. The only other thing there is a gas station and a Dairy Queen. The hotel itself was pretty old and the cinder-block walls were certainly not sound proof. There was only one other couple there when I arrived and the owner gave me the room right next to theirs. Let's just say, they were not having a good trip. One positive was it did seem like a pretty safe place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank travelingPTcc
Reviewed October 8, 2011

We decided to stay here on our way to NM. I read other reviews of this inn and was not dissappointed. Small family operated older motel. Rooms were clean. They are pet friendly and have rooms reserverd for non-smoking and non-pet customers. We have stayed here 3 times and will stay again if we are traveling in the area. Great value for the money.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank BrokenLadyKY
Reviewed September 10, 2011

This is not a fancy hotel, Everything is clean and you don't feel like you have to burn everything after it's been in the room.

If you are looking for a room to just sleep in for the night this place is great. It was about $50 bucks with tax and all.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pharmd501

Been to Chalet Inn? Share your experiences!