“Wonderful Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Greenville
Palestine, Texas
“Wonderful Hotel”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I loved the hotel I was working nights.For the most part my stay was great though the first morning of sleep the housekeepers room was next to mine and with in an hourthey had slammed that doors as well as the doors around me over 40-50 time.Dianne was a gem I went down and told her I needed to move.I was moved to a smaller room but was very quiet to sleep during day.I do think they need to retrain their housekeeping staff they holler and scream down the hall , or hog the elevator slamming the door in your face not saying sorry or anything.Awesome breakfast kudos for cheesy eggs! Billy on evening shift was a delight very helpful and friendly.I highly recommend them just don't stay in 314 if your working nights or sleeping in because you won't.In fact if they put you next to the elevator asked to be changed or when booking ask for room far away from there the ice machine is also right there.It might help the hotel if they put one of those delay bars on door so it won't slam.

Room Tip: Don't take a room next to elevator!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Pearland, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The manager, Billy, was kind enough to call me twice to let me know I had left my work phone in the room. I was able to pick up my phone before I left to go back to Pearland!! This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in - far better than any in the Houston area for the price! We had 2 separate rooms - separated by a door. Each room had it's own A/C unit, ceiling fan, and very nice flat screen TVs. The king size bed was very comfortable - and I am extremely picky! The room was clean with nice décor and had a small refrigerator and microwave. If I ever go to Greenville or anywhere close again, I will stay here without a doubt!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is a good choice for value and is located near a lot of services. There is a nice inside pool. There is nice furniture to complement the ambience and comfortable beds. Good breakfast. Free parking and internet. Solid value.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Haverhill, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This hotel deserves its Plus rating. It has everything you could want for an overnight stay. The desk staff were super friendly and ordered us a taxi which arrived within 5 minutes. The indoor pool and gym area were clean and inviting. The breakfast was fresh with plenty of choice and hot coffee replaced immediately.
Our only issue was trying to find Mustang Crossing where you need to turn to get to the hotel. It is a tiny road which looks like you are driving into a garage. The signage needs to be made bigger to make life for travellers easier.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Laura, Ohio
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The staff and facilities were great. Billy, Diana and Michelle went above and beyond to make our stay awesome, even when we were extended through a holiday weekend. The accomidated our Memorial Day BBQ and provided the extra touches that make this my must stay location in Greenville, TX.

Room Tip: Call the front desk.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bossier City, Louisiana
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

I took my mom out of town for an early mothers day trip. We were impressed at the lobby, the friendliness of the staff and the room smelled fresh and clean. After a nice dinner at Landons Winery and a little shopping we came back to the hotel for a nights rest before shopping in Canton the next day. I was resting in the bed ... I would say for about 45 minutes to an hour. I went to change positions and saw something crawling on my pillow! I asked my mom what it was and she said that it was a bedbug!! I caught it in a few kleenex and took it downstairs and asked for the manager. When she saw it, she apologized and said that they had never had this problem before. Due to the first Monday trade days in Canton, all hotels were booked. She changed us rooms and floors. While I was standing at the front desk, I noticed that I had 5 bedbug bites on my left arm. After a thorough inspection of the beds and matresses we felt safe that there were no bedbugs in the new room. I called my physician and asked how I should treat the bites. I had to make a run to a drugstore and buy antibacterial soap, anti-itch cream and some benadryl. I was also in.formed that we needed to either burn or just throw away all of the clothes we brought with us if we didn't want to bring the bedbugs back home with us! The manager gave us the first night for free...but didn't even address the fact that I had to call my physician in the middle of the night...buy medicine for the bites and throw away all of my clothes! Even though the second room was ok, we will never stay here again. Upon inspection I had more bites on my neck and leg. We had my daughter with us and she had bites on her back too. We were mortified!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank kittyconni
helmhotelsgroup, Vice President at Best Western Plus Monica Royale Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
First off, let me say that we are sorry that this situation occurred. I have investigated your incident and have found that our staff had and continues to do everything in our power to prevent this from happening. We treat bed bug care and prevention very seriously. We do thorough inspections of each room on a regular basis and use pest control companies to the best of our ability. However, getting bed bugs only from hotels is a common misconception. You can get bed bugs from everywhere from other homes, rental cars, and even movie theaters.

As to your medical needs, it is impossible for us to say where the bed bug(s) came from. Not to say that you brought them in, but they do come from other guests. Therefore, we have no way of knowing who is responsible and therefore we cannot be liable for anything other than the room. All we can do is treat each case and take the proper precautions to make your next stay as clean and safe as possible.

Zach Glenn
Vice President
Helm Hotels Group
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
Comfort Suites Greenville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Royse City - Rockwall Area
Magnuson Hotel Commerce
Magnuson Hotel Commerce
#1 of 2 in Commerce

Been to Best Western Plus Monica Royale Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!