“A Dump!”

Economy Inn Greenville
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Greenville
Economy Inn Greenville
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed September 19, 2006

We stayed at this hotel (Econpmy Inn in Greenville, TX) on Sept. 1, 2006. This place is a dump. I would not stay there again if you paid me to. Walls had peeling wallpaper and no pictures of any kind. The only decorations were the place where the smoke detector had been taken off the wall and had not been repainted. The commode did not flush and I had to take off the tank lid and hold the flapper down so it could be filled up with water every time it needed to be flushed. My daughter came running out of the bathroom screaming because there was a lizard in the bathroom. There were rust stains in the bathtub where the water had dripped continuously. My wife did not walk in the room unless she had her shoes on.

The most pathetic thing about it all was that the online details of the room stated that the hotel had "luxurious rooms that had been recently remodeled." That is an absolute lie.

After telling the hotel manager about our problems, he didn't even offer an apology. He simply said that he would tell someone to fix the commode.

Don't stay here!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank Bobcrede
gujugolf1, Owner at Economy Inn Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2007

This is the first time I have seen this review or even heard of anything like this happening at my property. The management has the right to remedy the situation before providing a refund to the guest. I do not have a problem giving a guest a refund if their stay was unsatisfactory, but the front desk personnel needs to be notified immediately. There is someone at the front desk 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If this person complained about the room, I would have personally checked the room with the customer and indeed given a refund. But no complaints were made, per our complaint log. We have a high standard of cleanliness in our hotel, and to see something like this is very disturbing. I disagree with the review given and feel that is unfair to judge my property as "A Dump!".