“Excellent Cracker Barrel”

Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
Ranked #4 of 101 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This Cracker Barrel location has very friendly staff and the food is better than some of the other locations. We tried to go there for lunch on Sunday during our last visit, but the wait was too long, so I recommend going there some other day or time.

1  Thank marshaw446

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Cracker Barrel is always a hit with my family. This one was no different. Been here a few times, mostly good experiences.

1  Thank Jim K
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Typical Cracker Barrel. Decent food at a good price. The waitress was new but very friendly and attentive. I would return.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

It's almost universal that if you go to any Cracker Barrel you will generally find identical food but not always identical service. This location is just off the Interstate at a very busy intersection however since the construction work has finished it is much easier to to get to the establishment. The food was good and the service was good. I have read other reviews and I am convinced that it is the waiter or waitress that you get that will make this difference. I could see around the place that some waitresses work harder than others to keep their customer happy. Going to a Cracker Barrel is not a place I make an extra effort to go. I usually go if I am in a particular area and can get in and out quickly. This time this one just happened to be very decent. I believe many restaurant chains are cutting back on the portion of food they serve and this location is no exception. Could it be they are concerned about the obesity in the United Sates and they are taking their own actions or is the bottom line on the balance sheet?

Reviewed February 4, 2013

It is unfortunate that this store provides unreliable levels of service and quality of food, especially since we love Cracker Barrel as a chain, and this is our nearest CB. We've found Lindale and Mesquite locations to be slightly better and more reliable. My wife grew up in Lebanon, TN (home of CB) so we are very familiar with the brand overall, as well as the quality standards of other stores across the country. The Greenville location just seems to be unpredictable. Sometimes we get great service and food, but it seems more and more often the experience deteriorates.
For our visit yesterday, we experienced that side of the Greenville location that is just frustrating. Waitress was obviously in a hurry, came up and asked "what would you like?" I guess we order drinks and food together now. Drink order came out wrong, but waitress was gone before we had an opportunity to say anything. Food order came out extremely fast, but the fries had obviously been sitting around for a long time. We could probably overlook it, but with the price increases on menu, two sandwich plates, a water, and sweet tea are just shy of $20.
Something else that bothers us and that occurred yesterday is the ladies hovering in the retail area trying to hawk the products. If I am checking out the candles, please don't open one, stick it in my face, and tell me it is your favorite.