“Late Fathers day”
Review of Bel-Aire Sports Grill - CLOSED

Bel-Aire Sports Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Took my dad here for fathers day. He had never eaten here. My mom thought it was a hamburger place. It's not. We had fish, steak, chicken fried steak & burgers. It was great. There was no line. Not sure why. The food was great!!!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I have been here many times actually but primarily to have a drink but have had a variety of food as well. I will only eat if I am pressed because I have yet to find anything that is a stand out.

The decor is a sports bar and has plenty of TVs about. It has a nice sized bar, and a good happy hour prices with $2.50 on wells and specials on beer, but nothing on call drinks. There are lots of booths with their own individual TV, so that can be something that is a real selling point for many.

I do have to make note of a very strange thing for a sports bar. Last season I was there on a sunday, watching the sunday night football game and there is about 7 minutes left in the game, (granted I know its football minutes but its a sports bar) and me and one other guy (yes, I know there were only two, but its 9 minutes and its a sports bar) in there and are told its last call, since its 10 pm. What?! they were closing up before the game was over I inquired. The answer was "Yes" they close at 10. This to me is a very very strange practice for a sports bar, to close up before the last football game is over when they ask you to come there to watch the game.

There is a couple of pool tables, internet jukebox and plenty of room. The layout and decor is fine, but the food isn't why I come here honestly.

The chicken fingers have the breading slide off of it and the resulting pale looking slice of chicken is not appealing, and the taste is average. The onion rings look great but has the same problem as the fingers, you bite into it and all the breading slides off. You end up with a pile of bare chicken, a pile of onion and a pile of breading.

With three different wing flavors I have tried they are all, fine, nothing special. And they try, I will give you that. I mentioned that the garlic/parmesan wings were a bit flavorless and the flavoring didn't stick they went out of their way to douse it with a lot more parmesan, freshly grated, and it was a thoughtful thing to try. Sadly, though grated parmesan just doesn't stick to wings like that. So I was taking a bite of chicken and scooping up some cheese, repeat.

I had a burgers that was good, and the next time so very dry. The fries are good. The popcorn shrimp I had is just like any other popcorn shrimp that comes from Sysco or any other number of food service companies. The fried baloney one time was cut rather thick, one time very thin. When thin it was a sad sandwich as there isn't enough meat for the sandwich.

When they first opened I was searching for that meal, that platter, that something that would make me want to eat there, but I never found it. Is the food bad? No, just disappointing. There isn't any meal that is a stand out. Its ok food, average.

The wait staff is very friendly and that is the real selling point of the place, because the food isn't. They had one of their better bartenders leave recently and I don't know how that will change the flavor of the place, but time will tell.

3  Thank ThaiCookingRocks
Reviewed April 16, 2014

The first time we visited my husband enjoyed his steak and my burger had a nice smoked flavor. The second time his steak was dry and not so tasty. My burger was not as good but ok.

Décor is sports themed. Not sure if we will go back as I have heard negatives from others.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

This place has good food at a reasonable price. Great atmosphere and staff is very friendly. I will be back!!!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We love the food and the Pool tables don't hurt. We usually sit in the bar and enjoy the great Bartenders. We have actually asked for things that weren't on the menu and the manager went back and had the kitchen make it for us. Great prices too.
We drink wine and compared to the other places in Greenville, they have great prices.

1  Thank wfobro