“Looks can be very deceiving!”
Review of Tuscan Slice - CLOSED

Tuscan Slice
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I was just there this evening. The only thing good about the whole experience was Kristy, our waitress. The decor was pretty but as far as management and the food, absolutely aweful!!

This is a new restaurant in Greenville. My daughter and I finally tried it for the first time....it was also our last time. They seated us rather quickly(we were there around 5pm on Thursday evening, no crowd at all).

The atmosphere was great, actually thought this would be good, but I was so wrong. The did give us complimentary bread(its a baked pizza crust with oil & very little garlic cooked and cut), it was the best thing about our food experience here. We ordered a trio plate of stuffed manicotti...spinach/cheese, sausage and 4 cheese along with side salads for both of us. Their salads consist of romaine lettuce, 2 grape tomatoes & store bought croutons tossed with a water-downed dressing(ours was ranch). Very disappointed in them but still on a first visit, your just getting a feel of the placy. It took quite a long time(about 20 mins) for our food to even reach our table. When they sat the entree in front of us, we were stunned! You could not even see the manicotti at all for the layer of cheese topped with a layer of pure grease, it was so nasty(and yes I took a pic). We did try them, but we only finished 2 out of the 6 because it was so layered in grease. I was ready to get my check when the waitress asked me what I thought of the dish(since I'm sure she noticed we had barely eaten it) and I told her. I explained that the dish was way too greasy and we couldn't eat it. She asked me(tried to save it) by asking me if it was just "too rich". I explained to her that it wasn't rich, it was drowing in grease and was not good at all. She asked if we wanted anything else, I said no. She took it upon herself to get the manager and he did come over to the table at that time. He asked how the food was and I explained the same to him again. He asked if we wanted a free desert or anything and I said no. I did ask him if the manicotti was fresh or frozen(all of them were perfectly uniformed with perfectly rectangular shaped cheese in them)...he said fresh made every morning. I cook homemade pasta at home and they don't look that way if everything is "fresh". He apologized and removed the plate so I figured he was getting our check. We waited almost another 10 minutes for the check to come over with no change on the amount for the entree(We only ate 2 of the six manicotti on the plate so yes I figured there would be at least a 1/2 adjustment). Instead we were handed a full price bill. I was upset, didn't get ugly with anyone, but did state a fact to the waitress that we would never return to eat there. The next thing I know another manager is putting a 2nd bill down for just the salads and he left very quickly. The waitress, Kristy, and I'll say this again, she was great, tried her very best to ask me to come back and I said there would be no 2nd chance. She stated that she had to ask a 2nd manager on duty to do something about the bill since we hadn't eaten the food. I didn't eat the pizza, but I have stuffed manicotti all the time at Italian restaurants.....and this was less than good to me. If you want Italian and you're in Greenville, Tony's is a much better choice for good food, but the best Italian is still Napoli's in Firewheel(Hwy 78 & George Bush Frwy)!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Average food. Service was slow and poor. Prices were high and did not match what you got for it. Maybe just needs some time to mature and get the wait staff trained.

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

New to area and actually really nice inside, but I thought you would be able to watch pizza oven more but only if you are seated at the bar. A little pricey but as we all took leftovers home, it even out. The fresh bread is wonderful that they bring you. I had the Alfredo pizza, good but I wish I had tried the all meat one. My mother raved about the crab crusted salmon, BEST EVER, she said. Also at table had the chipotle chicken pizza, jalapeños are HOT!! And a pasta dish. Everyone enjoyed and service was good, they have worked out some of the kinks from opening!!!

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Are you kidding me. Another poor attempt at providing a nice place to eat. Nice ambiance, however, wait staff looked tacky in their unclean and wrinkled shirts. Service was slow during a quiet Sunday afternoon. The entrees were good but not flavorful and tasty as you'd expect at an Italian Restaurant and certainly wasn't worthy of the price.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have been to Tuscan Slice since they opened. The food is good Pizza & Italian, but not gourmet pizza. The first 3 times I was there, when I got the bill, I just gave them my credit card and paid it without looking at the detail. The last ime I was there, I looked at the detail and was astonished that my date ordered a glass of chardonnay and it was $12! I questioned the waiter and he said well this is the house wine. I looked at the wine/drink menu when we left and saw that there is a $7 glass of chardonnay (which still seems high compared to the 2 wineries in Greenville). I asked the manager about this and he defended the server, "If you don't ask for a specific one we can pour anything."

I know other people have been surprised at their total bill, it was probably the wine charges.

Be careful if you order wine, beer prices are OK.