“DIRTY”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed April 23, 2013

It doesnt look like they EVER clean anything!!!
Dirty from the front to back and lowsy service. Girls yelling at each other. First and last time we come!!!

1  Thank alwaysfamily

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This was a super place back in the day shortly after opening.The rolls, the service, the little ole granny. The food actually tasted close to home cooking. Don't know what happened but the sides taste like canned and mixes. Very little service. The husband says he will go back if he gets the urge for fried chicken livers and can't find any anywhere else. I however doubt I will return.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

We stopped at this restaurant more out of desperation than desire. It was clearly a fast food restaurant, but with a better and broader menu than burgers.

This was at noon, on a bright, clear Sunday.

There was a young man in his late teens hanging around the parking lot. I paid no attention to him. He didn't bother to hold the door for my disabled husband, who needs a cane to walk. Sad to say, I've gotten used to young people being totally disrespectful (but some will kill you for 'dissing' them).

We went inside and had lunch.

The service was okay. They had the music playing a bit too loud.
My husband's pork chops were overly salted. My catfish was good. The place is your typical fast food restaurant.

It wasn't until we returned to our truck that we learned that this area has crime problems.
Someone..probably the young man who'd watched us walk slowly into the restaurant...had tried to break into our truck.
We have a contractor's canopy on the back. The thief had tried to break into the canopy by twisting the handles on the sides and the back, ones not visible from the restaurant.
I doubt he could see much of the interior, as the one window on the canopy is dark tinted.
Had he been successful in breaking into the canopy, he would have scored: a box full of camping gear and a bag of dirty laundry.
But he did try to steal.
In broad daylight. On a Sunday, in the middle of bible belt Texas.
Fortunately the locks held and the thief didn't get a thing.

Is the restaurant responsible for this? Probably not, so I'm not going to slam them any harder. I'm just warning you..the way the eating area is arranged, you cannot keep an eye on your vehicle. I would just keep driving through Greenville and find someplace else to eat.

1  Thank SeattleMeadowlark

Been to Grandy's? Share your experiences!