“enjoyable time historic atmosphere”

Audie Murphy/American Cotton Museum
Ranked #1 of 23 things to do in Greenville
Reviewed July 10, 2014

It was really great to see and here of the amazing things that Audie Murphy did before his plane crash. Did not know he was married twice or that he wrote 17 country hits. Great collection of guns from historic past. When we came through in July the Family had sent additionally memorbila there for the fans. Reviewing the Cotton museum was something else also did not know what all was used/created from cotton.

1  Thank protectyourself

Reviewed June 5, 2014

This museum is very well done. We learned a lot about the cotton trade in Texas. We really enjoyed the Audie Murphy memorabilia also.We saw the the signs by chance as we were traveling thru Greenville. It was worth the time and the $6.00!

1  Thank MARILYN P
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We enjoyed this small museum very much. The cotton information was an added bonus as we came to visit Audie. He has an amazing story that I certainly did not know. He deserves our attention. I do encourage everyone to support this museum. I will mention that the historical markers on highway 69 could be improved. Very hard to stop at, we managed 2 out of the 4 mentioned. Enjoy the museum

2  Thank sharonhoblit
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited the Audie Murphy/American Cotton Museum and really enjoyed our visit. The first part of the museum covers the cotton industry of north-east Texas. Picking cotton was a part of young Audie's life, as well as a significant part of life in this region of the state, so this area of the museum was more interesting than I thought would be. The portion dedicated to Audie Murphy was outstanding.
It contained so many of his personal items, as well as items from both world wars. You'll learn some incredible things about this young soldier, who was the most decorated soldier in World War II.
If you have an interest in Texas history, Hollywood history or World War II, be sure to pay a visit to this fascinating museum.

1  Thank RebeccaClydeBerry
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed this museum. The staff was awesome and enthusiastic and engaging. After seeing the large WWII museum in New Orleans, I of course had adjusted my expectations accordingly. But there were many parts of this small museum that I enjoyed so much more. They have done a tremendous job with displays and information. It was an hour and 1/2 that I am really glad we spent, and I learned a lot.

1  Thank Chaotrl