“Close to the highway”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Greenville
San Antonio, Texas
“Close to the highway”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place to stay since it is so close to the highway. The rooms are clean, the service good, and they have a ample breakfast if you want it. They also have a pool and a exercise room. The prices are reasonable.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Long review, but well worth reading! I recently had a 10 year military reunion in Greenville with a bunch of my old buddies from my old Army unit. Me and my family are from the MS Gulf Coast, so getting a hotel was a must! This reunion was two years planning in the making, and as it got down to crunch time I began searching nearby hotels. I always search for a Comfort Suites hotel whenever I will be traveling because I TRULY LOVE their hotels and always enjoy my stay! I have stayed at about 3 other Comfort Suites hotels in the past few years or so, but this one in particular TOPPED THE CAKE! The manager and staff were all so very nice, friendly, thoughtful, and accommodating to each and every need/want that my family had. A couple of my old Army buddies chose to stay at the hotel as well and told me it was an awesome experience for them. Our room was absolutely gorgeous, spacious, and most importantly clean and comfortable! In fact so clean I believe it could've passed an ole military white-glove inspection! All of the furniture even seemed practically brand new! The continental breakfast was absolutely delicious as well! I looked forward to eating their breakfast every morning! Lots of variety, everything from pastries and waffles(Texas shaped) to scrambled eggs(real, not powdered) sausage, bacon, biscuits, cereal, etc!! You can really tell that the staff put some hard work and care into preparing and serving the breakfast. Needless to say, my family and I had a truly wonderful experience here and I strongly recommend giving the Comfort Suites of Greenville a chance to earn your business. Its also in a superior location with a Wal-Mart and several popular restaurants just around the block. I can't thank the hotel management and staff enough for making our 3-night stay truly enjoyable! This hotel will be my first and only choice to stay at when/if I'm ever passing through the area again! And a very special thanks to Mrs. Lana, it was truly a pleasure meeting you in person :)

• Stayed April 2013
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We did not expect much from this hotel - just hoping for a clean room and comfortable bed. What a pleasant surprise to find a super clean hotel with a welcoming staff and a very spacious room. The bathroom was large, had excellent quality thick towels (and lots of them), and a good shower tub with lots of hot water. There was a section after the bath door with a fridge, microwave, and coffee pot. Then you entered the sitting area with a nice sofa and desk with a good light. The swiveling TV was on a storage unit with three ample drawers. The bed area was separated by a small divider. Bed was very comfortable, had nice linens and the AC/heat unit worked well. There were also black out liners behind the curtains.

The included breakfast was eggs (scrambled and hard boiled), bacon, hot and cold cereals, fruits, juices, good coffee, teas, yogurt, pastries, and breads (including bagels and English Muffins). USA Today was provided.

The entire experience was positive and there was a good Mexican restaurant and a Chili's so close that you did not have to get on the highway. This was a good value.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have stayed here twice in the past month while helping our son move to Greenville. The rooms are lovely and comfortable. The staff is outstanding! The hotel is handy from I-30, but far enough away to be quiet. It was easy to get everywhere we needed to go in Greenville. There are several great restaurants nearby, and a Walmart Supercenter is close by. We love this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stay here frequently on business and have enjoyed each and every stay. Hotel is clean, staff friendly and room excellent. They offer a very consistant execution of service and make everyone fee welcome.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Puyallup, Washington
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I recently spent a little over a week in Greenville on business and the staff really took care of me. After checking in I noticed a really loud noise coming from the heating/air conditioning unit and the desk clerk immediately found me another room and called to make sure everything was satisfactory. The hotel is located close to a Chili's and a Mexican restaurant and there is a Subway and a Japanese restaurant within walking distance as well. The only issues I had was that the jacuzzi was not heated the day I tried to use it and the gym could use an elliptical (otherwise on par with fitness centers in this type of hotel). I'll be back!

Room Tip: Beautifull sunrise on the backside of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Moyock, North Carolina
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Staff customer service is top notch, manager social every Monday and Tuesday is first rate, wish they had it Monday through Thursday to be honest! Hotel Manager makes a signature dish on Monday or Tuesday, during my two week stay I had homeade chili the first week and tortilla soup the following week. If your staying in Greenville this is the hotel to visit...

Room Tip: I stayed on the third floor in the middle of the hotel right next to the elevator, a/c unit was very...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
Best Western Plus Monica Royale Inn & Suites
Magnuson Hotel Commerce
Magnuson Hotel Commerce
#1 of 2 in Commerce
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Royse City - Rockwall Area

Been to Comfort Suites Greenville? Share your experiences!