“Not one of the newer Days Inns”

Knights Inn Greenville
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Got the room online. Very old property. Not the best Days Inn I've ever stayed in. Very small parking lot and lots of noise. Lots of workers and even semis. Right behind a Mexican restaurant that always had cars with loud stereos. Didn't sleep well and left as soon as I awoke.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed October 24, 2011

Me and my daughter stayed at this Days Inn here in Greenville on 10/19 and 10/20/2011. The room was okay and we enjoyed it. We headed out Friday morning in a rush. My daughter thought about forgetting something as the day went on. This item was big so it could not be missed. She went back to get it and the manager or whoever said they did not find anything. I could not believe it. As they were getting ready to clean just as we were leaving at 8:15 am so I know it was found. I could understand if we had forgotten it for a whole week or so but just a matter of hours. The manager was very rude to my daughter when she went back and of course she was very upset. Like I told her count it a lost and believe me nothing good will come out of it for Days Inn treating her this away. Also if he didn't know anything about it I would not want anyone that take things working for me. Wonder what they are taking of his!!!!!!!! So be careful and try not to leave anything there you will not get it back.

Room Tip: Take all your things when you leave.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2011

First night, requested upstairs room, but clerk said there were no cool rooms upstairs and he put me in a room downstairs, then next morning I requested to be moved to an upstairs room. Refrigerator froze the drink I had in it. When I was moved upstairs, room did not have a security lock, it had been broke off. Clerk moved me again to a third room. This room had bugs (crickets and roaches), phone did not work, room had two televisions, but the remote for either t.v. did not work correctly. Sheets were not changed on a daily basis. When I first got to the room, there was a used dirty washcloth still in the shower. Had to request toilet paper because the maid did not leave any when she cleaned the room. Website for the hotel mentions there was renovations, but I did see much as far as renovations. Maid must not of vacuumed room because the same dirty spots were there everyday. On the morning I was getting ready to return home, I was going to take a shower, but there was no running water. Clerk said it was due to construction in the area and didn't know for sure when the water would be back on. I had to check out of hotel early and get another room at a different hotel. There are no fire sprinklers in the rooms. I'm not sure what the laws are for fire sprinklers, but I didn't feel safe. The people running the hotel do not speak English real well. This was definitely the worse experience I've had with a hotel reservation.

Room Tip: Physically check room's appearance and quality before booking and paying for a hotel room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2011

We were in town due to attending a 3-day class. We booked this hotel online because it was the only one available nearest the classroom; however, after fighting with bugs and the smell of mold from a previous ceiling leak in the bathroom we couldn't get out there fast enough !!! We opted to stay 30 miles away and put up with the drive instead a putting up with the BUGS. PLEASE RECONSIDER IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Even a good rate from this place is not worth it
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2011

I hesitated to book this place after some of the reviews I see, including "Bugs". I'm glad I went ahead and went. For $28+tax I get a comfortable King room with a large TV, free wireless internet, two tables with chairs, a fridge, microwave and coffee pot. The room is great with crown molding and marble-like walls around the bath tub. The AC unit looks brand new and the water temperature was great. A washer and dryer are located down the hall by the ice machine. Cereal and waffles along with the muffins and breads for breakfast are more than I eat at home. No bugs anywhere and the service at the front desk is as expected. Don't support the overpriced places when all you need is a place to sleep.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2010

I just needed a place to sleep for the night while travelling on business. The hotel website posted a reasonable price for a national chain but I was a bit concerned that there were no reviews on TripAdvisor or Travelocity. There were very few rooms occupied. The first room I got had a pile of dirty towels in the bathroom, I didn't check the room further before returning to the desk for another key. I killed a large spider in front of the door to the second room. It was late so I stayed. The room didn't smell very good but the sheets and towels were clean. When I turned down the comforter and blanket, many small bugs came off the blanket. The blanket had not been cleaned recently. I just tossed the blanket and comfortor on the floor and used the sheets only since I didn't see any more insects. When I woke up in the morning one of the largest roaches I have ever seen (over 2") was climbing the wall. I killed it with my shoe. After getting out of the shower I noticed another large roach in the bathroom light fixture. The bathroom counter and plumbing appeared quite new so the motel had received some attention lately but the carpet was bad. They need to pay a lot more attention to upkeep.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business