“BUGS, MOLD on ceiling from previous leak”

Knights Inn Greenville
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Greenville
Houston, Texas
“BUGS, MOLD on ceiling from previous leak”
Reviewed June 15, 2011

We were in town due to attending a 3-day class. We booked this hotel online because it was the only one available nearest the classroom; however, after fighting with bugs and the smell of mold from a previous ceiling leak in the bathroom we couldn't get out there fast enough !!! We opted to stay 30 miles away and put up with the drive instead a putting up with the BUGS. PLEASE RECONSIDER IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Even a good rate from this place is not worth it
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Texas
Reviewed January 29, 2011

I hesitated to book this place after some of the reviews I see, including "Bugs". I'm glad I went ahead and went. For $28+tax I get a comfortable King room with a large TV, free wireless internet, two tables with chairs, a fridge, microwave and coffee pot. The room is great with crown molding and marble-like walls around the bath tub. The AC unit looks brand new and the water temperature was great. A washer and dryer are located down the hall by the ice machine. Cereal and waffles along with the muffins and breads for breakfast are more than I eat at home. No bugs anywhere and the service at the front desk is as expected. Don't support the overpriced places when all you need is a place to sleep.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Arkansas
Reviewed August 19, 2010

I just needed a place to sleep for the night while travelling on business. The hotel website posted a reasonable price for a national chain but I was a bit concerned that there were no reviews on TripAdvisor or Travelocity. There were very few rooms occupied. The first room I got had a pile of dirty towels in the bathroom, I didn't check the room further before returning to the desk for another key. I killed a large spider in front of the door to the second room. It was late so I stayed. The room didn't smell very good but the sheets and towels were clean. When I turned down the comforter and blanket, many small bugs came off the blanket. The blanket had not been cleaned recently. I just tossed the blanket and comfortor on the floor and used the sheets only since I didn't see any more insects. When I woke up in the morning one of the largest roaches I have ever seen (over 2") was climbing the wall. I killed it with my shoe. After getting out of the shower I noticed another large roach in the bathroom light fixture. The bathroom counter and plumbing appeared quite new so the motel had received some attention lately but the carpet was bad. They need to pay a lot more attention to upkeep.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Greenville hotels

Travelers also viewed these Greenville hotels
Comfort Suites Greenville
Holiday Inn Express Greenville
Super 8 Greenville
Super 8 Greenville
#5 of 12 in Greenville

Been to Knights Inn Greenville? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Knights Inn Greenville

Property: Knights Inn Greenville
Address: 5000 Interstate Highway 30, Greenville, TX 75402-7808 (Formerly Days Inn Greenville)
Location: United States > Texas > Greenville
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Greenville
Hotel Class:2 star — Knights Inn Greenville 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Knights Inn Greenville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.