“pleasant surprise”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Greenville
cortlandt manor, ny
“pleasant surprise”
Reviewed December 29, 2007

I was travelling and just needed a place for my son and I to sleep. I was a bit hesitant to stay but the price and location were right. The room was clean and had all the necessary gadgets-microwave hair dryer etc. The bed was very comfortable and I got a great nights sleep, The free breakfast was fresh and the waffles came out perfect.
Overall a good place to stay while travelling.

• Liked — price and breakfast
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 7, 2004

To make a long story short my 10 yr old son and I were traveling to Arlington Texas, We had car trouble. We had to spend two nights in Greenville TX. While our car was being repaired. I spent the first night at the Economy Inn the service was wonderful, but the rooms were not very comfortable. The following night we chose to stay at Super 8 due to a much more pleasant atmosphere. I explained our situation to the desk clerk, I was low on cash, and traveling by foot due to car trouble. Fortunately we had enough to stay the night. My son and I went to the ice machine for a bucket of ice to take to the room. At the ice machine he was exposed to green -- toy. He was very curious. As we were returning to our room, I let the cleaning lady know this needed to be removed immediatly! The next morning this was still there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I received a call from the garage, he was unable to get all the parts needed to repair the car. It would be monday before he was able to fix it. I did not have enough cash to stay another night, so I called family members for help. My brother was on his way to pick us up, it would take him 4 1/2 hours to get to the hotel, however check out is at 11 am and he would not get there until 2pm. I once again explained my situation , offered the last $20.00 in cash I had to wait in the room for the extra hrs. I was asked to leave the room. It was rainy and cold, we were not dressed to be out in this kind of weather. I will NEVER stay in a Super 8 Motel, nor will I recommend one to anyone at all!!!!!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Greenville hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
Comfort Suites Greenville
Holiday Inn Express Greenville
Magnuson Hotel Commerce
Magnuson Hotel Commerce
#1 of 2 in Commerce

Been to Super 8 Greenville? Share your experiences!