“good stay for the $”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Greenville
Mountain Home, Arkansas
“good stay for the $”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2011

We were very pleased with our large, comfortable, very clean room. The ceiling fan was a bonus and the fridge and microwave were handy. The staff was very friendly and helpful and suggested a great Mexican restaurant across the highway. Breakfast was minimal but plentiful and eating area was very clean. If you join (for free) Wyndham Rewards and book online you will save $'s on the room rates plus accumulate points toward a free nights stay. We will stay here again and will recommend it.

Room Tip: book online
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank old_traveler12345

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2010

No offense to the ppl in the last review, but if this is one of the nicest hotels you've stayed in touring the US, you must be on a very small budget. We had to go to a funeral in the area early in the morning and only stayed one night. For a Super 8, it's old (and one of those w/ the doors on the outside). Walls are thin, beds so so. Breakfast is the typical high-fructose laden wafflles, cereal, juice. Nothing special And for Greenville, I'm not sure how they get away w/ charging $80 a night. They did honor my AAA rate, but I have stayed in much better hotels for and $80 rate. (looks like the entire area has high rates for some reason). Oh well. if you just need a place to crash, I guess it's alright. The people were nice (excpet when we checked in, the lady at the front desk would not tell me what the walk in rate was since i had booked on the internet- whatever, as my AAA rate was cheaper, but just odd that she wouldn't answer my question) Place smells and looks old.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Greenville hotels

Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2010

Clean & well lit room; nice couch/sitting area in the room; comfortable bed; fridge & microwave; nice lobby & very friendly people.

Continental breakfast left a little to be desired; only two small round tables & not much selection. But at least there was a free breakfast.

Price was very good - some kind of discount going on so our room was $69. I asked about senior price & she said since I asked she'd give me that also, so got our room for $64 before taxes.

Location was a little hard to find, our GPS didn't want to take us there. It's right off the interstate, but quit a ways down the access road.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IllinoisMonlou
Stephens City, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2009

This property in Greenville, Texas was terrific. The hotel room was one of THE nicest ones we've stayed in and we travel all over the United States. The room was spacious, clean, very nicely decorated, complete with decorative trim, fresh paint, a ceiling fan, pretty lamps, microwave, fridge, hair dryer, coffee maker, etc.
The customer service was the best as well. The manager (Kevin) was very friendly, most accomodating and it was obvious that he cares about his property and the guests that he attracts.

• Liked — Clean room and nicely decorated - very spacious - friendly staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2008

Stopped in to see if they had a room (smoking) yes they had one.
From there it just shocked me!
If you want to stay using Rewards card they WILL NOT HONOR AARP/AAA Discounts!!!!!!!!!!!!
G, sure am glad I call rewards people as this issue (aaa/aarp) is in thier contract to HONOR Discounts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I went to me truck and called rewards 800# to see what could be done, got reservation with discount. They honored it "...this time, but not twice" is what they told me.

I had stayed at Wichita, KS for 5.5 weeks with not problem!!
But tried to fax from there and it did not go through, so I stopped @
Blackwell, OK ( Wonderfull people!!).
They (Blackwell, OK) resent it but was smeared at other end ( but mom's fax has been working all day without a problem) so when I got to GREENVILLE TX SUPER 8 I needed to sent it AGAIN, BUT they charge $2.00 a sheet, OK fine paid it, sent it ,said it was sent "OK" BUT 2nd Page DID NOT SHOW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I called Customer Service (on Hold for 35 min) and OOPS sorry, they will not resent 2nd page will have to Pay AGAIN!!!
Customer Service asked me "if I had drove there, could I drive to another area and find a place ......." Please, what is WRONG with those people I just told them I drove there fro Wichita .....?????

for $79.00 (Regular RATE) you would Think they would resend it.
Well so I tried to get Coffee, Had to wait becauce she did not believe there was not any there had to go look for herself when I told she.
G, sure am glad I call rewards people as this issue (aaa/aarp) is in thier contract to HONOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — Room is Very Clean well lighted and comfortable...But do not ask for anything else!
  • Disliked — Managment Policies: for Business folks, Retired (AARP/AAA) or club members REWARDS
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
cortlandt manor, ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2007

I was travelling and just needed a place for my son and I to sleep. I was a bit hesitant to stay but the price and location were right. The room was clean and had all the necessary gadgets-microwave hair dryer etc. The bed was very comfortable and I got a great nights sleep, The free breakfast was fresh and the waffles came out perfect.
Overall a good place to stay while travelling.

• Liked — price and breakfast
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2004

To make a long story short my 10 yr old son and I were traveling to Arlington Texas, We had car trouble. We had to spend two nights in Greenville TX. While our car was being repaired. I spent the first night at the Economy Inn the service was wonderful, but the rooms were not very comfortable. The following night we chose to stay at Super 8 due to a much more pleasant atmosphere. I explained our situation to the desk clerk, I was low on cash, and traveling by foot due to car trouble. Fortunately we had enough to stay the night. My son and I went to the ice machine for a bucket of ice to take to the room. At the ice machine he was exposed to green -- toy. He was very curious. As we were returning to our room, I let the cleaning lady know this needed to be removed immediatly! The next morning this was still there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I received a call from the garage, he was unable to get all the parts needed to repair the car. It would be monday before he was able to fix it. I did not have enough cash to stay another night, so I called family members for help. My brother was on his way to pick us up, it would take him 4 1/2 hours to get to the hotel, however check out is at 11 am and he would not get there until 2pm. I once again explained my situation , offered the last $20.00 in cash I had to wait in the room for the extra hrs. I was asked to leave the room. It was rainy and cold, we were not dressed to be out in this kind of weather. I will NEVER stay in a Super 8 Motel, nor will I recommend one to anyone at all!!!!!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member