“This is the place for Ribs!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Love & War In Texas - CLOSED

Love & War In Texas
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Zurich, Switzerland
“This is the place for Ribs!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

On my weekend trip to Dallas, I was taken to Love & War since I love good ribs and I was informed by my family that this is the place for some of the best ribs they have tasted to date.

We arrived here for an early dinner so there were plenty of parking spaces available. We were seated in a side room, not the main large dining area. There was a large group of baseballs kids, in uniform, seated in our area as well as they were also celebrating one of their members birthday and having a large chocolate and white cake. In general, the kids were well behaved and it was not a problem dining in the same area.

So we ordered our beverages and ribs ($19.99 each) with side orders. While we waited for our food, I took a look around the restaurant at the memorabilia and there was also a live music performance going outside in the rear courtyard. There was a covered stage along with plenty of benches, food and beer available for the packed crowd.

Back inside and time to devour the ribs. The ribs were brought out with sides and it was the most massive platter of ribs I have ever seen. I did not know ribs could be this thick! The ribs were tender and tasted excellent, though they could have been served hotter (slightly warm) than they were served.
The side dishes were very good. Otherwise, I was very pleased with my visit and the environment. The restaurant and restrooms were very clean. I would certainly visit again and highly recommend. If you want great, thick ribs then head here for your hunger!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Great Homestyle Comfort Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We came here for the first time not knowing what to expect and were surprised at how good it was! The venison sausage, corn, and skillet potatoes I had were all perfect. We even got dessert because it all sounded so good. I wish that there wasn't so much spicy food on the menu - the waiter even warned us to read carefully because if it said "Hot n Spicy," they meant it!

Dallas, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ Not a great experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Wanted to have a nice dinner with family. Got seated quickly, waiter was nice. Problem was the food....ordered all you can eat ribs. First ones out were good, but after that it was awful. Very dry. Waiter said corn came with it, but brought beans. Said he was wrong. My daughters order came out wrong and had to be sent back. When her meal came back, no potatoes but cole slaw. Took 3 attempts for potatoes to be delivered. No bread ever came. Waiter was good at refilling tea, and checking back with us. Also, the bar was being renovated but was very smoky. Probably won't be returning.

1 Thank GrammaT54
Dallas, Texas
“Our favorite date night spot. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

We live 2 minutes from the Grapevine location and go 2-3 times a month. The food, atmosphere and staff are outstanding. We had a bad experience for the first time tonight, Brad (one of the managers) took GREAT care of us. His patience, understanding and quick response to correct the situation without giving it a second thought reminded us why we keep coming back for more. Nothing but good things to say about this place!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

The food selection sections are based on different parts of the state. The food is very good, service friendly. It is not a place that you want to go for quiet.

Visited May 2014