“Great Food, Great Fun”

Love & War In Texas
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Love coming to this place. Lots of good opens for food. Great service and they usually have a good red dirt concert going on at night

Reviewed November 7, 2012

If there is one thing Texas has a lot of, it's steakhouses! And if you're going to open one, you really need to differentiate yourself from the others in someway. However, I found Love & War was just one of the crowd. While they don't do anything bad, they just don't do anything noteworthy. The menu variety was very good - even offering German fare. The service was very good. The atmosphere was typical late 19th century stucco, brick and timber frame decor - which I find fitting as well as enjoyable in a steakhouse. My steak had a unique proprietary seasoning to it that I found different but not necessarily preferable. I found the menu a little pricey but not out of line with other steakhouses in the Dallas area. If you go you won't be disappointed but you may not be overly impressed either.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Great spot to sit back and unwind. My food was great. I am here late Monday night and the servers were on fire. I was left wanting nothing. The fried onions were perfect on my fajita. The salsa was medium hot for me and just right. I normally order a diet coke with lime and/or lemon and even thou there were serveral waiters going by they all got my drink right with me only ordering once. I was impressed. I have never had buffalo before and always wanted to try it. It was so good.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

The service was great, however my steak was mediocre to say the best---I was expecting an amazing piece of Texas beef, sadly I was disappointed as there was not a lot of great flavor! The Texas shaped corn bread however was amazing as were the Texas sized margaritas!!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Although we were there for an early lunch during a weekday and had the place pretty much to ourselves, we thoroughly enjoyed our visit and enjoyed our conversation until our food arrived. Then it was so good that we stopped talking and started concentrating on the wonderful lunch that had been served us quite promptly too.
We took a couple of pics to remember our visit and the service was so good, our table was cleared and we had our check before we realized we were all finished!
When we were leaving we had noticed that the restaurant had filled up fast. We enjoyed everything about our visit to Love & War in Texas so much that we're going to have to go back just to make sure we weren't imagining everything being so perfect!
We will definitely DO IT AGAIN here!