“Non stop Fun for the Kids!!!!!!”

Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
TEXAS
“Non stop Fun for the Kids!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2009

We stayed for 2 days at the Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine Texas over Thanksgiving. We did not have any complaints. My son loved the room with the bunk beds. We had fun at the water, arcade, spa, restaurants, and he loved playing the hotel adventure game. The game requires you purchase a wand and the kids play throughout the hotel the computer adventure quest. This was definately a trip he will remember and he has not stop talking about it.
We thought it was so convenient to have the hotel bracelets and activate the charging option. That way you dont need to carry a wallet or rent a locker at the pool. Just swipe your wrist to buy tokens, food, and gift shop items. You can get the kids one too with a limit to spend.
Some reviewers did not like that there was not "service" at the pool to get food etc.. I didnt mind at all. I prefer to get it myself and not have to tip. We ate at both restaurants and they were good. We were there on Thanksgiving day and the food was good. This is definately a trip for the kids and we felt it was worth it. It was like Vegas kids style. We plan to return to the hotel soon. And yes there was beer at the water park for the grown-ups for those of you wondering.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (459)
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2009

We just returned from GWL over Thanksgiving. There were 12 of us and is was meant to be a fun family time. The rooms are not cheap, but you figure with water park admission included, it works out. However, EVERYTHING costs extra... a lot extra... so bring your own food or leave the property. If your kids want to play the Magiquest game, buy one wand and play as a family. My biggest suggestion is to make sure you don't drink the water in the water park and wash your hands a lot. My children (4 of them) have been throwing up for a week now since the day we left... UG!! Cool concept, but the pool area is freezing and makes people sick. Save your money!!!

1 Thank slmwjMeyer
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2009

I had a wonderful time attending a marriage retreat while staying at the Great Wolf Lodge. It was perfect, only next time I would get the room that has the separate room for kiddos. Waterpark is terrific and there's lots of stuff for adults to do. Spa/message on location plus Grapevine Mills mall is 1 mile down the road with lots of shopping. I would highly recommend for family or even a couples getaway.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Fort Smith, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2009

Took my two Grandsons and two of my adult children for Drakes 9th Birthday, had a blast. The hotel and the park are both fantastic.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
cfranklingw2005, General Manager at Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine, responded to this review, November 30, 2009
Perfect. Glad to hear that your family enjoyed the visit to Great Wolf Lodge- Grapevine, TX. Hopefully you will choose to make this an annual event! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Until then,

Taichung, Taiwan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2009

This was one of the best vacations we have taken as an extended family and plan to go again with our friends and also again with our family. The hotel itself is okay - the rooms are on par with a holiday inn. There are some special rooms, but the waterpark is the best part. The air temp inside is 85 degrees and the water is just the right temperature to be comfortable. The lifeguards are absolutely outstanding. I have a 5, 8 and 11 year old and had no qualms at all about letting them have free reign of the whole park with very little supervision. (Let me qualify that by saying that we went at one of the least crowded times of the year and there were less than 50 people in the waterpark. I certainly would not have done that if it would have been more crowded.)

I think the deepest pool is four feet and they were never more than 20 feet away from a lifeguard. Andrew - my five year old was a 1/2 inch taller than required to ride the rides, so he could do everything but one ride and did!!! He had an absolute blast as we all did including my parents. It's a little pricey, but your room price includes all the waterpark admissions. I would recommend eating outside the hotel for meals or taking food with you for breakfast and lunch so you can grab a quick bite in your room and then head out somewhere for dinner outside the hotel. We ate breakfast at the buffet one morning and some were happy, some were not. I personally thought the food was not up to the quality of the rest of the resort. The grapevine location is 2 miles from the Grapevine mills mall and 1 mile from downtown grapevine and Highway 114. The waterpark is open from 9am - 9pm and you can stay in the whole time. Even on the day of your checkout, you can put your stuff in the car and bring a change of clothes to the lockerroom and stay in the park until 9pm if you want. It is fantastic.

I think our rooms were a little over 200 per night and they slept 5 people in beds and also had a pullout sofa. My parents had a two bedroom room with three queen size beds, plus a pullout sofa and two bathrooms. Not sure what it cost. Do not go on a weekend. All the resort staff told us the weekends all year long are too crowded. They said that these three weeks around the end of October, first of November - Monday - Thursday are the absolute best time to go. The hotel has 600+ rooms and there were maybe 50 people staying at the hotel while we were there Sunday night through Monday. There were times when we were the only family in the waterpark. It was great to have the whole place to ourselves.

Don't waste your money or time on the magicquest game they have in the hotel. You need a master's degree just to understand it and the waterpark is way more fun.

Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2009

I will never visit here again. I orginally thought the price wasn't that bad after seeing everything they offered. Now after staying there for two nights I realized I could of had a better time somewhere else.

The beds were rock hard, they had a limited selection of food at the restaurant that was outrageously priced. The hot tub wasn't even hot felt like a luke warm bath. The breakfast buffet was disgusting and made my fiance sick.

I will never stay here again..

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ldhsfalcon
cfranklingw2005, General Manager at Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine, responded to this review, November 2, 2009
Sorry to hear that your trip did not meet your expectations. If you do decide to come for a return visit, I would encourage you to try one of our King Business suites. The bedding in these suites is composed of bamboo linen which will add to the softness in the mattress. As for the dining options, there are quite a few to choose from between Camp Critter, the Loose Moose, Pizza Hut Express and the Snack Bar in the Waterpark. Do remember that your waterpark passes are good for 2-days play with each nights stay. Your room rate does also include access into Cub Club, nightly storytime and our animatronic Clocktower show. I do appreciate you voicing your concerns and wish your family all the best.

Regards,
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2009

This hotel has a large indoor water park that is fun for any age. The water temperature is just right and you can go anytime of the year and be comfortable inside. There are a lot of activities in the hotel too. If you travel with young children, stay in a wolf den room. They will love it.

• Stayed June 2009
1 Thank HappyOne73
cfranklingw2005, General Manager at Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine, responded to this review, October 26, 2009
I must agree, Great Wolf Lodge is a fun place for people of all ages. The air temperature in our waterpark is kept at a balmy 84 degrees all year round. I am guessing that the fun activities that you reference above include the interactive virtual reality game, MagiQuest. If you did not get the chance to play on your last visit, make sure you return soon. MagiQuest can involve all members of your family as it is a lodge scavenger hunt. Team up and play the game! The Wolf Den does enhance the experience because the suite has a designated area for the children where they have a set of bunk beds and their own TV. If you do decide to bring an additional child on your next trip, you may want to consider the KidCabin as it will provide you with a bit more space. Thank you for sharing your visit to Great Wolf Lodge- Grapevine, TX. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Best,