“Great Experience for Kids and Adults!”

Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Reviewed September 10, 2009

After reading many of the reviews on GWL, I was keeping an eye out for any shortcomings regarding our stay. I was extremely pleased with the facility, amenities and service provided by GWL. The room was very clean and roomy - no bugs or issues with staff. In fact we had a malfunctioning microwave that was replaced in under 30 minutes. The water park was very enjoyable and it was easy to get around and enjoy all of the slides even during a busy Labor Day weekend - no issues with chlorine, noise or long lines. There were lifeguards everywhere and they were very attentive and friendly to the guests. Our 11 year old and his friend enjoyed the MagicQuest experience and we appreciated the fact that there was something for them to do when not in the water park. We stayed 2 nights and enjoyed the breakfast buffet both mornings and the dinner buffet one evening. Although pricey, the variety and quality of the food was excellent. The convenience and variety far outweighed the expense of the buffets. It was very "Disney" like. My mom works for DisneyWorld so we've been there quite a few times and the staff and environment of GWL reminded me of our experiences there. I highly recommend GWL although 2 nights is probably the most you'll want to schedule unless you are doing something outside the facility. My wife and I were able to relax while the kids enjoyed the water park and MagicQuest so we left GWL recreated and rested. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank cajoe64
Write a ReviewReviews (5,150)

Reviewed August 24, 2009

The Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine is nothing but a top notch facility. My wife and I have absolutely no complaints. The people that have made complaints are just complainers by nature. The room was huge and extremely clean and comfortable. Couldn't have asked for anything different in it. The waterpark was great, the kids and the wife had a constant blast. The food was great. The buffet had something for everyone and we always left feeling guilty for eating too much. The staff was very friendly throughout the resort, also. The magic quest game is also very much worth the expensive price you think you are paying. The kids loved it. There is absolutely nothing negative about this place. We wil be back. Loved it!!!

1  Thank NoelLand
cfranklingw2005, General Manager at Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2009

Wonderful to hear. I am so glad that your family enjoyed all that Great Wolf has to offer. We do our best to accommodate all of our guests and I am extremely pleased to know that your family will be returning soon. If time allows, I would suggest a return visit during our Howl-O-Ween celebration. The lodge will be decked out in all kinds of Spooky decorations and we will offer a trick or treat trail that will only be available to our guests. If the kids are up for it, please encourage them to bring their costumes. For more details, please make sure you visit the website. We will see you soon.

Best,

Jack Bateman

Reviewed August 19, 2009

great for the young ones, teenagers were bored. get the kid cabin suite...worth the $. magiquest and kid spa cost $$$ and magiquest takes a lot of time...up to 6hrs. you can use waterpark before room is ready and once you have checked out. american girl store is only 25min away...have your girls bring their doll and go to it or do if your girls like americang girl dolls. you can bring coolers into hotel our room had small refrig and microwave. young kids loved the evening show and story time in pjs GO 15-20min early to get a good seat.

1  Thank creeves35
Reviewed August 17, 2009

No valet. Nobody to help you unload your car. You park yourself and make many trips to get all your stuff to your room...which is at least a good 10-15 minute walk. NO ROOM SERVICE AT ALL. This was a huge disappointment to my family as we had driven many long hours, were exhausted and hungry. We get to our room only to discover we had to go down to the nasty, CROWED waterpark level and stand in line to order junk food. That is your ONLY CHOICE HERE!!! I don't get it???? $300 a night and no room service??? This place is also a ZOO. Way too many kids and parents who don't watch them at all. LONG WAITS for the elevator and an elevator door actually CLOSED on one of my kids, so we started our vacation with an injury. It's dirty, smelly, people walk all over the place barefoot. I will NEVER come back here and HATE that we've wasted our $$$ and our rare and precious vacation time at such a horrible place. BTW, if you order a pizza from an outside place, the hotel doesn't allow them to bring it to your room...you have to go downstairs and OUTSIDE to get it!! THIS HOTEL IS A TOTAL RIPOFF AND I'M CALLING THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT. Don't waste your money here....everything is SUPER expensive...and you don't even get anything for your $$$!!! THE FOOD SUCKS!!!

9  Thank greatwolflodgesucks
Reviewed August 13, 2009

We just returned today after staying two nights in a Wolf Den Suite.. My 5 and 8 year old kids loved having their own room and bunk beds. The entire hotel was very clean and the staff friendly. On the first day we all felt that the indoor water was too cold! Maybe we were just overtired from the drive because on the 2nd day it did not bother us so much. We all loved the two smaller slides indoors and had a blast on the big outdoor slides.

After reading other reviews about expensive, poor quality food we planned to have dinner elsewhere. We did purchase breakfast vouchers and had the very mediocre buffet. But it was convenient and not much more than eating at IHOP. We ate snack bar food for lunch one day and it was no worse than snack bar food usually is. Having the fridge and microwave in the room was handy, and we brought a cooler and snacks.

What we did not like were the crowds, and the constant noise from music, TV's blaring cartoons or great wolf propaganda. I flatly told my kids before we went that we were not playing MagicQuest. Following my kids all over a HUGE hotel and paying money to do so is not my idea of fun. While I am not fond of noise and crowds, I realize that this often goes along with family vacation spots, and it would not deter me from taking my kids there if everything else was good.

I think we might go again someday. We really enjoyed the water activities, but could do without all the other stuff.

2  Thank IggyMom2000
Reviewed August 13, 2009

Location is great - close to airport, shopping, restaurants etc in the Grapevine/Southlake area of DFW. No need to eat at the hotel if you have access to a car. Concept was great - but I was disappointed to see that anything 'extra' the kids wanted to do cost a bundle. The Wizard Wand game was very expensive so we skipped it. Did not like the Chuck-E-Cheese atmosphere. The slides themselves were terrific, however, after 1 1/2 days of chlorine exposure in the indoor waterpark , I arrived home physically sick. The ventilation does not appear to be adequate with all of the chemicals. The rooms were adequate and clean but not comfortable and they had the appearance of a Motel 6, or Econolodge type room. For the money, I will visit Schlitterbahn next time I am looking for a water park experience and stay at a nearby hotel.

2  Thank GaPO
Reviewed August 11, 2009

We were at the Great Wolf Lodge on the same day as the family who complained about roached. I never saw a single bug. Everything was immaculately clean and bug free. The water park was wonderful with activities for all ages. Our group ranged from 6 to 64 in ages and we all loved every minute. The Magic Quest was a unique and special activity particularly enjoyed by our 9 and 11 year old boys. Some things were overpriced (the little girls' spa with manicure & pedicure for $79! for instance) The fast food and beverages in the water park area was reasonable, however. Restaurants were a bit pricey, but there were nearby places to eat and the microwave and refrigerator let us have snacks. Particularly convenient was having the room key programmed into our wrist bands! Will definitely go back!!!!

1  Thank grandmato2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grapevine
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North
Hyatt Place Dallas/Grapevine
Courtyard by Marriott Dallas DFW Airport North/Grapevine
Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center
Hilton Garden Inn DFW North Grapevine
3 mi away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Irving - DFW Airport

Been to Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine? Share your experiences!