“Crazy busy, kids everywhere!”

Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I spent time here over two days for my nephew's birthday. It was on Saturday/Sunday. I'm not a parent but am good with kids. However, this place was so draining! I'll keep the review brief. The bar upstairs is great, good food and Shiner Bock on tap, it was a great place to hang while everyone else was waiting in line for the water rides. My group had the wings, pot stickers, ribs and a quesadilla. Everyone was pleased with their meal. The rooms are expensive, but have 3 double beds, so there is a great deal of space, so I see why they are the priced so high. Be aware some rooms have two bathrooms and some only have one. The room I spent time in had one bathroom, with no fan for venting, not a good idea!! It has a big eating area/bar counter top a fridge and I think a microwave. The room seemed quiet, but kids are all over the place, so it could get loud. Lastly, the buffet breakfast was not very good at all, even the omelette stations weren't anything good. They use too much oil and the bacon was super greasy and not very tasty. I would not get the buffet breakfast. The place was so busy, the only way to get some quiet time was in Starbucks or your room. So, be warned!!

Room Tip: Ask for a two bathroom room if with kids.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank DrummerGelly

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Great Wolf Lodge is a great vacation for the kids. A friend of mine and I took our girls up there for a three day weekend. It is exhausting for parents, but worth it, because the kids are nonstop from the time you get up. They have a blast. A helpful hint, bring your own breakfast foods and lunches and snacks to eat in the room. The restaurant on the fourth floor is not bad at all and kids meals are $6.00. We ate there both nights, and the food was good and price was reasonable. The lodge itself is expensive, but is very clean with spacious rooms. The Magi Quest was a bit misunderstood, but once we figured it out, the kids had a great time doing it. I definitely recommend the PAW pass. I think it is worth the $70 you will spend.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor at the end of the hallway and everything was perfectly quiet and away from...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Cory D
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

This was definitely one of the best vacations my family has ever been on. It is a little expensive but it is a resort after all. The rooms were awesome and there are plenty of different choices of styles to choose from. We stayed in a room with a master bedroom and bathroom with a kitchen, another bed and pull out sofa with a balcony. Slept 6 people comfortably but could easily sleep 8. The water park itself was GREAT and the lines didn't take long a t all. Even during the busiest times the best rides only took about 10 to 15. The outdoor swim area is also great and nice. Both indoors and outdoors have places for the little ones to keep entertained. Life jackets and towels are provided at no expense and lockers were available for a charge but we didn't rent one. There are several restaurants and bars to choose from and the food is great. We ate evening buffet and there was PLENTY to choose from. From large shrimp,made to order fajitas, steak, pastas and a large variety of desserts. Overall this place is great for kids and adults of all ages. Would recommend bringing a cooler with snacks and drinks to alleviate the over spending of money. Will be returning here soon!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 3, 2014

My family and I stayed 2 nights in the Kid Kamp room. The room was very spacious and had the highest ceilings that I have ever seen in a hotel. The room offered a small separate room for the kids with a set of bunk beds and their own TV but there was no door. They loved having their own space.

The other portion of the room had a king size bed and pullout sleeper sofa. We were lucky enough to get a room with a balcony that overlooked the pool. There are very few rooms that offer balconies so you need to book early if you want to reserve one.

The water park at the hotel is great. Most of the activities & slides are located indoor so if its raining, too hot or cold then its available. There are some slides that require kids to be 48 inches or taller but most are available at 36 inches. They offer free lifejackets for kids that are not strong swimmers since many of the pools are about 3.5 feet deep. The wave pool is a zero entry pool though so little ones can still get the wave experience without it being too deep.

Our only complaint were the dining options. The buffet style restaurant was very expensive with limited options for that price point. They offered servers to help get drinks but they were practically non-existent when we were having dinner. The service was better at breakfast but still very limited food options for a buffet. We did not dine at the full service restaurant because it offered a very limited menu for kids. Maybe that did that on purpose to discourage families from dining there but we saw a lot of people waiting to eat there with children. The pizza was good and reasonably priced.

We would go back but only when there are discount rates available. It is very pricey.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2014

The resort is very impressive from the moment you pull into the property. Everyone at this resort is very kind and helpful. They go out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable. There is a wide variety of rooms to choose from for all sizes of families (like pull out couches, bunk beds, separate rooms, etc.). We highly recommend checking out their web site and taking the virtual tour. We took our 15 year old son. Although he was disappointed at first that there wasn't a "surfing" section, he let that go once he went down the Howlin' Tornado, and the River Canyon Run. Some reviewers have said that the water park is a bit small but we found that there were plenty of fun things to do. We were only there one night so we didn't have time to participate in all the activities. However, we thoroughly enjoyed the game room as they had many games we had never seen before and most were very generous with ticket dispensing. All in all, it was a very entertaining and memorable trip. The only drawback I can mention is that the resort and the restaurants are very pricey. We suggest taking advantage of their off season prices, Groupon specials, or Great Wolf promos. No matter what, it's worth staying here at least once.

Room Tip: Check the website to see the floor plans of the different rooms. The resort offers the most activit...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Valet service was rude. 1st room was next to a loud game room. It took 90 minutes to get relocated by constant pressure on the front desk. Was told I could not take a glass back to the room due to policy but they would be happy to sell me a glass bottle of wine. Lifeguard scared my son by sending him down a ride backwards AFTER TELLING HIM 3 TIME THAT HE DID NOT WANT TO GO BACKWARDS. When I approached the head lifeguard about this, she was not very receptive to my concerns. I was asked to move from my chair by cleaning staff in a common area while drinking coffee in the morning. I WILL NEVER COME BACK HERE FOR HIGH PRICES AND VERY POOR ATTITUDE TOWARDS GUESTS.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Hullsails
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Thank you for visiting Great Wolf Lodge – Grapevine and for sharing your experience with us! I am sorry to learn your family did not enjoy their stay. We do not allow open glass containers to be carried throughout the lodge due to the potential risk of the glass breaking and being a safety hazard for other guests.

Thank you for choosing Great Wolf.

Jason
Great Wolf Guest Relations

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Though I thought it was a bit overpriced, it was a great place overall. The water park is small but has something for everyone. There is an area for smaller kids, a wave pool, a lazy river, giant water slides, and even a little whirlpool for adults. There is a bar area for adults to watch TV and have a beer while the kids play Magic Quest, and there are a lot of other activities. The rooms were clean and spacey. Overall, a good visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family