Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Comfort Inn(Grapevine)
5,669 results
All reviewsgreat wolf lodgewater parkmagic questwave poolbunk bedsropes coursemagiquest gameindoor waterparkdance partyall agespizzalife guardsfamily suiteolder kidsgreat family funwhole familyfamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The rooms, water park .........everything covered in dust. In the lazy river was trash floating around. The bathrooms at the water park were nasty. As much money that was spent on the vacation , there should be none of that. Too many people, no parking.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank bubbyboonotyou
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I took my 11 year old nephew and one of his friends. We all had an amazing time. I am 47 years old and I am looking forward to coming back every bit as much as the kids are. Great staff, just can't say enough about what a wonderful time we had.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Great Wolf Lodge is an excellent choice for families with young kids. We brought our five and three year old son and daughter. They had a blast. My son (5) could do everything except for two of the rides. My daughter at three couldn't do as much but had more than enough to keep her happy. I have seen some negative reviews by parents who didn't think it was that fun or that brought older kids that didn't enjoy it. That is poor decision making on their part. Kids 10 and under should love it. Much older than that and a bigger water park with more thrill rides would be more suitable. My husband and I enjoyed it ourselves and he is already talking about going back.

Our room was very spacious. We stayed in the family suite (two queen beds) and a living area. The room is nicely equipped with a microwave, fridge, eating area, extra sink and vanity area etc. The bathroom was spacious. The entire resort was clean and well-maintained. The rooms have central air/heat. Some reviewers complain of noisiness in the halls. One solution to this is to turn on the ac fan at night. The rush or air drowns out the noise. I am a very (very) light sleeper and I was able to sleep well.

Snacks and drinks were a bit pricey but not as bad as I imagined based on the reviews I read. We didn't eat at the restaurants though, too many good options nearby. If you go to Rainforest Cafe and show your GWL wrist band you can get a free appetizer. This is not well publicized, we just happened into it.

There is a ton of things to do in Grapevine. So I recommend only staying at GWL at the end or beginning of a trip. With only one night you get two days of water park play time. You can start playing at 1pm on day of check-in and play all day on day of check-out. When we arrived shortly after 1pm our room was ready for check-in, which was nice because rooms aren't guaranteed ready until 4pm.

I am glad we decided to give GWL a try. I almost got scared off by some bad reviews people wrote. It was a blast! Our kids loved it. We plan to go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Fun place for families. We went when it was cold outside and the kids got to swim the whole time despite the weather conditions outside. They had story time for the little ones and a wizard game that kept the kids busy the whole time we were there. Loved how they didn't mind kids running all over the hotel with their little wands :) The waterpark was great especially if you have kids far apart in age like myself. I was able to stay in the kiddie section and still see my teen on the rides. I have to say it can get very expensive very fast but we know tips for next time like you can take your own ice chest of snacks instead of buying food from there. The restaurant was very expensive as well especially the breakfast buffet....just another tip for a large family...you might want to grab cereal and milk or breakfast items for your room LOL! Other than that we had a great time and will definitely go back again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Cilla20
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Great Wolf Lodge is a fun place to visit for families with activities for all ages but geared more towards pre-teen and younger. Visited with a 13 and 15 year old and they had fun but found that activities aimed at their age group were limited. Also, when compared to other theme parks, I thought they were a little over-priced. Overall, we found the place clean, the staff friendly, and had a good experience. The only problem we had was that the code on the safe in the room had not been cleared and we had to wait for security to come and clear it before we could use it. They responded in a reasonable amount of time and were very friendly and apologetic. I would recommend mostly for families with younger children, just be prepared for the cost.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family