“FUN,FUN, FUN and more FUN!!!!”

Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I took my 11 year old nephew and one of his friends. We all had an amazing time. I am 47 years old and I am looking forward to coming back every bit as much as the kids are. Great staff, just can't say enough about what a wonderful time we had.

• Stayed: August 2013
There are newer reviews for Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Great Wolf Lodge is an excellent choice for families with young kids. We brought our five and three year old son and daughter. They had a blast. My son (5) could do everything except for two of the rides. My daughter at three couldn't do as much but had more than enough to keep her happy. I have seen some negative reviews by parents who didn't think it was that fun or that brought older kids that didn't enjoy it. That is poor decision making on their part. Kids 10 and under should love it. Much older than that and a bigger water park with more thrill rides would be more suitable. My husband and I enjoyed it ourselves and he is already talking about going back.

Our room was very spacious. We stayed in the family suite (two queen beds) and a living area. The room is nicely equipped with a microwave, fridge, eating area, extra sink and vanity area etc. The bathroom was spacious. The entire resort was clean and well-maintained. The rooms have central air/heat. Some reviewers complain of noisiness in the halls. One solution to this is to turn on the ac fan at night. The rush or air drowns out the noise. I am a very (very) light sleeper and I was able to sleep well.

Snacks and drinks were a bit pricey but not as bad as I imagined based on the reviews I read. We didn't eat at the restaurants though, too many good options nearby. If you go to Rainforest Cafe and show your GWL wrist band you can get a free appetizer. This is not well publicized, we just happened into it.

There is a ton of things to do in Grapevine. So I recommend only staying at GWL at the end or beginning of a trip. With only one night you get two days of water park play time. You can start playing at 1pm on day of check-in and play all day on day of check-out. When we arrived shortly after 1pm our room was ready for check-in, which was nice because rooms aren't guaranteed ready until 4pm.

I am glad we decided to give GWL a try. I almost got scared off by some bad reviews people wrote. It was a blast! Our kids loved it. We plan to go back.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Fun place for families. We went when it was cold outside and the kids got to swim the whole time despite the weather conditions outside. They had story time for the little ones and a wizard game that kept the kids busy the whole time we were there. Loved how they didn't mind kids running all over the hotel with their little wands :) The waterpark was great especially if you have kids far apart in age like myself. I was able to stay in the kiddie section and still see my teen on the rides. I have to say it can get very expensive very fast but we know tips for next time like you can take your own ice chest of snacks instead of buying food from there. The restaurant was very expensive as well especially the breakfast buffet....just another tip for a large family...you might want to grab cereal and milk or breakfast items for your room LOL! Other than that we had a great time and will definitely go back again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Cilla20
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Great Wolf Lodge is a fun place to visit for families with activities for all ages but geared more towards pre-teen and younger. Visited with a 13 and 15 year old and they had fun but found that activities aimed at their age group were limited. Also, when compared to other theme parks, I thought they were a little over-priced. Overall, we found the place clean, the staff friendly, and had a good experience. The only problem we had was that the code on the safe in the room had not been cleared and we had to wait for security to come and clear it before we could use it. They responded in a reasonable amount of time and were very friendly and apologetic. I would recommend mostly for families with younger children, just be prepared for the cost.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

we live south of KC, so we've been to the Great Wolf location there. Our trip to Dallas was something we've always wanted to do. We reserved a Wolf Den suite, and had plenty of room for all our stuff (family of four). Had no issues at all with the quality of our room, or the cleanliness of the surroundings. Had all the conveniences we would expect in a hotel room, including a fridge and microwave. We brought a cooler with food, to save some money -- and went back to our room to eat when we wanted to. The water park facilities are amazing -- much larger than the location in KC. We really enjoyed ourselves. I noticed the lifeguards were always at attention, and kept kids orderly in all the pools (I didnt see much horsing around). :-) Noticed they had a nice outdoor facility, but we didnt go outside in February (not open). We got the "Paw Pass" for the kids as an extra thing to do -- something we havent done before. They enjoyed the wand game, getting a tattoo, ice cream, and a stuffed animal. All in all, we thought it was an amazing trip, and we will be back.

And another nice thing the front desk did for us -- one of our kids got sick the last day -- and they allowed us a late check out.

Expensive? yes. Its one of those facilities that you plan for, save for, and it is a special occasion to go to with your kids.

Room Tip: in KC we stayed in a basic suite. In Dallas, we upped it to the Wolf Den. Would we up it again? e...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My five year old daughter suffered a minor head injury on an outdoor water slide. The lifeguards did a wonderful job attending to her and making her feel better. Brian S. the supervisor took the incident report and surprised her with a stuffed Great Lodge Wolf. When it came to safety they were amazing. A+++ all the way. Being this was in the middle of the day, and after my daughter rested, not much she could do physically with a "goose egg" type of injury on her forehead. The Scoops salon was booked, and Trevor from the front desk in help with Ashley and Wanda from the Spa upstairs made it possible for our daughter to enjoy a mani/pedi even with being overbooked at Scoops. The supervisor in the Salon was not very happy with making this happen, but Wanda that traveled from the adult spa to the Scoops Spa to tend to our daughter made her feel very special! The only unfriendly person would have been the Scoops Manager in the entire situation. Thanks to Trevor and Wanda for making her feel special in a time slot that was tricky to work her into. It's all about the kids and when one is injured and can not to the physical activities, this was very important to "make it happen". Also, thank you to Rebcecca Estes for calling us to check on our daughter after we arrived back home. All in all safety is their priority. Ages 2 to 20 will love it. My only complaint is the amount everything does cost. The prices really hurt the pocket book, however there are ways to be frugal with bringing your own food, etc.

Room Tip: Get close to elevators. Be patient at peak times. The family suite is just fine.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Our family of eight spent one night in the Brown Bear Suite on the 8th floor of the lodge which has two bedrooms, king and two queen beds, and a central area with a pull out sofa bed. Upon arrival the room smelt damp and musty/humid with no air flow in the central room area which has been addressed to GWL. We really enjoyed the large counter top with stools as we were all able to gather around to socialize and eat our sandwich lunches that we packed. Plenty of space. The concept of having your wrist band for multipurpose is great - key to your room, access to the water park, and the ability to charge food and other purchased items on it. No worries about carrying extra cash or cards with you. Hassel free! We had the best time in the water park. So many variations of water fun for everyone - from the 1 year old granddaughter to the 60 year old grandfather and everyone in-between! The slides are a blast especially the red one. Hang on for a thrilling ride! I really liked having the lodge towels at pool side. The snack bars made it convenient for something to eat while swimming. Life vest were available too if you forgot yours. Games, shopping, and eateries are available throughout the lodge. The morning breakfast buffet was great. An incident we had was when we stopped at Bear Paw Sweets & Eats and bought some rainbow dip-n-dots for my grandson. When he took a bite he immediately tasted peanut butter which he is allergic to. I gave it back to the clerk and she said, “oh there must have been some left of the scoop” She gave us another cup of dip-n-dots but my grandson was nervous to eat it. Fortunately he did not have an allergic reaction. This has been addressed to the GWL staff. Outside of this incident, we had a wonderful time. The abundance of luggage carts to bring your belongings in and out of the lodge is a great stress relief feature.

1  Thank roa6
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grapevine
Hilton Anatole
Hilton Anatole
#35 of 205 in Dallas
Hyatt Place Dallas/Grapevine
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North
Comfort Suites DFW N/Grapevine
Super 8 Grapevine/DFW Airport Northwest
Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center

Been to Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine? Share your experiences!