“Have realistic expectations & you won't be disappointed.”

Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
“Have realistic expectations & you won't be disappointed.”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is a place for kids & family. If you don't have kids you likely won't enjoy it.Dont get mad the place charges for every little thing. They are in this to make money. Bring food and drinks for your room so you aren't buying all your food there. Target is only 2 miles down the road. Spend the money on Magiquest, the kids love it, even my 3 year old did. . The water park is awesome... BUT it is a little cold and could be warmer. My kids were shivering. My family ranged from my 1 & 3 year old sons, 17 year old sister, myself, husband, and the grandparents...EVERYONE loved the park. The negative is really the rooms. Bad lighting, no closets or dressers, they charge for TV. We had a 2br suite for 3 nights and I expected a bit more for the $1,500 + it cost. Overall my kids had a blast and it was very worth it for them to have so much fun. We will definitley come again in the future and I think they will only love it more as they get older.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Jessibdav

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
Big Spring, TX
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Just spent a Saturday - Sunday stay and are spent: literally & financially. Be prepared to spend $400 for their cheapest room in the summer. My 8 yr old son loved it. Pretty clean with good service. Food prices weren't too bad. The wave pool was a great place for him to chill & us to power nap. We'll plan the next trip during the winter when rates are cheaper. Pass on the Paw Pass - not worth the $

• Stayed June 2013
Magnolia, Arkansas
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is a kids waterpark with a hotel. Understand that you are not coming here for a relaxing time. Its really great for older kids that you can let run and have a great time. But it is very busy checking in and kids are always running around so if you have a younger child, be prepared. With so many kids coming through here I would have to say the rooms and decor need to be updated. Our shower knocked horribly in the wall. The fixtures and finishes are showing their age.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Lfferg
West Monroe, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

If your looking for a place to take the kids that are always on the go....this is your place!!! From indoor watermark to our door water park to arcade open 24 hours to just a kids spa they have everything even the wizard games are exciting!!! Only problem we encountered were the kids running the halls looking for the next pic etc to wave their wand at to get thru and battle the dragons!!! We could hear some kids up past 11pm running and screaming in the halls!! My kids who are 11 and 13 our 19 year old came to and they all absolutely love the Great Wolf!! This was our third visit here!! But remember this is the best kids vacation around and it is just that FOR THE KIDS!!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Southlake, Texas
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We came to GWL to spend some time together as a family. ( mom, dad, 4 year old, 3 year old, and a 7 month old) For the money we spent on the room per night ( stayed in Kid Cabin), we had high expectations of the hotel and waterpark. Be prepared to be let down.
1) the waterpark is dirty. Things floating in water, cloudy water, aghhhh gross
2). Don't come with small children unless you want them to be sprayed by bigger kids with water guns and buckets of water dumped on them while they are trying to play
3) we booked 2 nights but were ready to go about 2 hours of playing in the waterpark. There is really not a lot to do with small children
4) the story time at 8 pm was a joke.
5) no complimentary lockers to store flip flops and things u might bring to the waterpark $20 extra
6) the elevator situation is absorb. There are like 8 elevators for thousands of guests. You wait constantly to get back to your room or down to the park
7) trying to sleep is impossible....the airplanes take off from DFW right over the hotel!!! And there is a Cheer camp going on this weekend and they were cheering outside our window all morning and afternoon...IMPOSSIBLE for naps with our kids
8) if you order food from anywhere on hotel property, expect an hour wait at least
Overall...for price of hotel versus what you get out of it....I rate it a D- . NEVER coming back. I feel so dirty leaving the waterpark. BUT kids loved it....only upside
Don't waste your time or energy....seriously!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank atw W
Liberty, Texas
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We rented a kid cabin suite. The room was okay...but the beds in the cabin were too short for two eleven year olds. Additionally, the smoke detector..by design...flashes all night. When I go again, i will just rent a regular room.
That being said, we had a blast. We bought the Paw Pass which gave the kids a good taste of all the activities..though some they would not choose to do again. When we go next, we will definitely do the Magiquest again. It was really interesting to the boys.
We brought food and used the in room fridge and microwave extensively. We also left the property once to eat.
The water park was great. The lifeguards were amazingly attentive, and I felt comfortable letting the two boys run independently. We rented a cabana for one day. We enjoyed that, but it really is an unnecessary expense as there were plenty of available tables and chairs.

Room Tip: I would ask for a lower floor room as the elevators are really crowded and super slow.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank speek201
Plano, Texas
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stay away from this place!!!. Rude people everywhere.
Had the most terrible experience ever at this place. We came around 1:30 or so, so that our kid could enjoy the water park as much as possible. Around 3:30 I called saying that our room was ready. So I go find out the room number and up we go to it. Room was fine. By that time we were hungry so we decided to go down staris and have something to eat. At the restaurant on the same level as the lobby, they had a sign saying the only served from 12 to 4pm. To make sure I asked one of the waiters if they were closed. He confirmed and pointed to the one above (4th floor) say that it shoul be open. We get to that one and it had the same sign. Again, I asked the only one person I found if they were opened. Instead of replying Yes or No, he asked "How many of you?". I failed to see the relevance so we went to a restaurant outside the property.
We came back and our grandson wanted to rest a bit before he tried the park outside. So we went to our room and watched TV (which we had to call on because it would not turn on).
Around 6 or so our room door is opened. Good thing I had the latch on it. Another customer had been given our room. So I called the desk and they tell me that it was a computer error and would take care of it. About another 30 minutes later, the phone rings.
I answer and I'm told that I had checked out and what was I doing there and "How did you get in?". That did it!!!
To me I had just been accused of stealing their services. No nice way about inquiring our presence or anything. Instead "How did you get in?".
I told them that I had had enought, to give me a full refund and they could have their room. They gae me a receipt for the full refund and I got the heck out of there to never come back.
I still have to verify that the credit was applied to my credit card.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank JoseLicPlano
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grapevine
Comfort Suites DFW N/Grapevine
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North
Hyatt Place Dallas/Grapevine
Super 8 Grapevine/DFW Airport Northwest
Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center
Hilton Anatole
Hilton Anatole
#33 of 203 in Dallas

Been to Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine? Share your experiences!