New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
Madill, Oklahoma
“Loved It !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

This was the best vacation ever, the kids had the best time! Our family cannot wait to come back. There are so many things to do for everyone, we all liked the swimming area, dad loved the workout area, I loved the spa, the kids loved all of the games and activities all throughout the resort, but we all really enjoyed the "bed time story." It is an automated show for the little ones that is at 8:00. The whole thing is really cool! We will be going back!

P.S. I forgot to mention the rides. Awesome!

Room Tip: The higher floors are a lot more quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kathy p

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Our experience, though only a quick two day stay, was incredible. The facility and water park were amazing. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The details were appreciated by the adults and especially our kids! It may seem like a silly thing to notice, but we loved the large trash cans in our room - very helpful when traveling with kids!
We cannot wait to book our next stay.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Susannmarie
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Our family had a great time, and we'll likely go back sometime in the future. The Kid Cabin room was clean & spacious, and the kids loved their little 'cabin'. The hotel is very geared toward kids with a variety of activities (cost extra) and some free perks (like bedtime story in the lobby and animated/automated show). The upstairs restaurant had delicious food and large portions but is quite pricey ($88 for 2 adults & 5 kids). The lobby level restaurant had a decent breakfast buffet, but it's set up in a weird order and the omelet station creates a backup in line (kids $5, adults $14 - fair pricing).

We felt very comfortable and safe in the waterpark and were able to let our older boys (12, 9, 7) go off alone (but together) to ride the slides. There were lifeguards everywhere that paced back and forth looking into/thru the water for problems (especially in the toddler area). Our younger kids (5 & 3) really loved the toddler waterslides & rode them MANY times (no adult assistance needed). The big kids liked to stand under the HUGE bucket that dumped water on them and the wave pool had very big, fun waves. My husband and I were able to ride the tube slides with the big kids on 2 or 4 person rafts. The final consensus was that the kids liked the red/yellow Howlin' Tornado slide but my favorite was the fast/simple orange slide.

DO NOT ride on the Lazy River unless you want to feel like you've been battered & attacked or sent through a washing machine agitator cycle. It was ABSOLUTELY MISERABLE!!!! I was expecting a leisurely float through the river (as it is anywhere else with a 'lazy' river). Instead, they have multiple places with very strong water pouring down on you (like the 'jet' setting on a hose spout multiplied by 10), and it goes under a kid's area bridge where they are filling buckets to dump on you as you go past. Thankfully, it was almost time to leave at that point because it really ruined the rest of the day.

Anyway, overall everyone had a great time and the kids can't stop talking about the trip. I can't really see spending more than 1 or 2 nights there. Arrive early on check-in day to play for many hours in the waterpark (even before your room is ready), and then stay for many hours after check-out to get in 2 days of water fun. We'll go back but will stay far from the Lazy River.

4 Thank Tracie S
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Great Wolf Lodge allows you to check in at 1 PM on the date of your arrival...that way, your family can start taking advantage of the water park as soon as you arrive. Rooms are not guaranteed ready until 4 PM, but they will gladly hold your luggage while you play. We arrived on Saturday at 2:30, and the lobby was hopping with people. I stood in line a short 5 minutes, and found that our family suite was ready. I gave the kids their wrist bands, loaded all the luggage, and went up to our room. (family suites come with 4 wristbands, and you can purchase additonal ones for $40)
We have stayed at GWL before, and I have always enjoyed the experience. Our room was a family suite, which sleeps 6. There are 2 full/queen (not sure which) beds, and then there is a divider that separates the sitting area with a full pull-out sofa/sleeper. We were up on the top floor, and had a nice view of the outside pool area. I was surprised that area was open since they had told me it was not scheduled to open until May 24th weekend. Back to the room...VERY spacious. The beds were comfortable and fairly firm. There were 3 pillows on each bed, all seemed to be of a different firmness. The television, which is not used much at this hotel, had plenty of kid channels (Disney and Nickelodeon) as well as the standard ones. The bathroom had a combo shower/bath, and a convenient laundry line you could pull across to dry your wet suits. The sink and mirror were outside from the toilet/shower area, but the bathroom definitely suited our needs. There were 5 of us in the room, and it did not feel crowded at all. It was very quiet in the hotel room, not just mid-day, but even at night. Since we were up on the top floor, mid-way down a hall, there was little commotion, which was nice. The only negative is how long the halls are.... it even can seem like an optical illusion as you walk down the hall to your room. However, I'm sure being further from the elevator helped our area be more quiet.
Some people might ask if GWL is good for older kids. I brought with me my son and daughter who are 17 and 12, and their 2 friends, who are 15 and 13. They ALL had fun during our overnight stay and playing in the water park. About the water park-- There are some slides that are just for 2 people, and some of them even will fit 5! I enjoyed both the tornado and river canyon rides. One of which, all 5 of us rode together! There is a hot tub that is both indoor/outdoor, a lazy river (that is a little too shallow for my liking) and a fun wave pool that is not too deep--even at the end. Outside, there are plenty of places to lay-out and relax. There are a couple of innertube rides and some more shallow water where you can shoot hoops. Oh, you can shoot hoops inside, too, which the two boys enjoyed alot. The water was very comfortable to me, and I don't like being in cold water, so it must have been ok!
There are many things to do besides the water park, but admittedly, that is almost all we do when we are there. The Magiquest game is fun, and kids can play that for a bit even after the water park closes at night. The cost of a game is about $13.00, but it can provide HOURS of fun. The snack shop downstairs has some reasonably priced treats and drinks. There seemed to be some good prices for pizza, though we did not try it out. We actually left the park for lunch on Sunday at a nearby restaurant, then came back to enjoy the fun!
I keep watching for specials for GWL including groupons. Full-price, it is a little more than I like to spend for a weekend, but with some of the specials they have out there, it can be a very reasonably priced and FUN visit!

Room Tip: I did like our room facing the pool. I did not request it, but it was nice!
2 Thank twcsmom
Philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

My daughter has been wanting to visit a Great Wolf Lodge since she was little. Now, at 13, we had the opportunity since my wife was booked at one on business. We joined her on a Thursday, and enjoyed a near-empty resort. Quite a contrast to the next three days, which were packed wall-to-wall with young kids. Expected, but still nutty. The property is very clean, and still looks new. The outdoor pool was opened on our last day, and it was very nice. The resort is well-staffed with knowledgeable and very friendly employees. The restaurants are reasonable, but the food is mediocre. For some reason, I was expecting real grits at the breakfast buffet. I guess that's not a Texas thing. We really enjoyed the water park on Thursday. Especially the red, tornado slide. Very thrilling. My daughter was a little old for some of the stuff, but we just laughed and enjoyed it anyway. The MagiQuest game is obviously a huge money-maker for the resort. There were kids running around everywhere searching for quest items. One draw back for that is that it drmatically increases elevator traffic even though the game encourages stairwell use. The room was very boring. The TV was dramatically out-dated, and the bathroom only contained the shower and toilet. Everything else was in the main part of the room. Very strange. I wouldn't do it again, but it was an interesting experience.

2 Thank SkyPiGG
Seguin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

My husband and I took our 12 and 2 year old daughters here for a long weekend. We had a great time. The parking lot is huge but we didn't have any trouble finding a place to park. It's the same as any large amusement/water park parking lot. The good thing thing is that you aren't walking back and forth to your car. We stayed three nights (check-in was a breeze), ate at the restaurants in the park. Prices were comparable to any Chilis/Applebees type place. My kids loved the story time and howling. I felt like the kids were safe to walk with us and run around. The waterpark was clean and not too crowded when we went. there was always a life jacket for my little one. There are a lot of stairs to get to the rides (my husband climbed them) but, again, it's no different than any other waterpark with slides. The rooms are really nice. It is a long walk to the elevators. I was 7 months pregnant when we went and it as very tiring. The kids are also loud (in the halls) until about 10:00 pm because they are playing Magiquest. But.....that is to be expected. All in all, I think it's a great family place. One stop, everything you need for the whole weekend, we didn't leave the building once. We are going back this year for snowland!!!!

Room Tip: Request to be close to an elevator if walking may be a problem for you. Keep in mind that some rooms...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

great place, kids/teenagers friendly, food is affordable, the pizza combos for a family of 2 teeangers and 1 kid was more than enough, breakfast buffett..could be better and have a little more variety for the price (golden corral offers a lot more, tastier for less) however its convenient if not going out. Room was fine, very clean, spacious, it may look old but its just the theme, it does not look like a grand hyatt or hilton, its a themed hotel so dont expect luxuries like those, only thing i didnt like ( visually) was the biggo TV they still have lol, need to updgrade to flat tvs asap, too much room.
i went early during the weekday, it wasnt only lower price, but lower the amount of people there in the water park which made it perfect, plenty of sitting area, relaxing areas, super short lines for the rides

Room Tip: there are 2 aisles, to the left and to the right on each floor, if you get a room away from the elev...