“Great Loft Room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Great Loft Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is our 4th time to visit Great Wolf and this lodge in Texas is 100 percent bigger and better than the Great Wolf Lodge in Kansas City. This time our family of 5 got the Loft suite which included an upstairs. It was spacious and perfect. Our only complaint is the beds are hard and the pillows are not good. (I would highly suggest you bringing your own pillows). We love the area of Grapevine where the hotel is located... it is super close to so many great surrounding areas. It took us only 15 minutes to go to Ikea and about 20 minutes to go to the Galleria. We also had the pizza at the Lodge for the first time and it was really good. The drinks are super expensive on property so I would suggest packing a few or stopping by a nearby gas station and taking some up to your room. The park wasn't very crowded (we were there the week of March 19-20th). Also you should know that they do not allow any water toys from home so don't bother bringing any with you. It was a fun quick get away and we will return!

Room Tip: Get the upstairs Loft if you have a family of 5 or more!
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Mamabrown10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Great Wolfe is a great place to stay!!! Fun for all....my kids will remember this forever!!! Be prepared to pay for what you get.....stick to the waterpark and quest and give kids a budget for the day, which you can place on their wristband....I paid for dinner for all, which is about 60 bucks for a family of 4!! Clean hotel, friendly staff, love....love....love!!!

1 Thank Deon S
Midland, Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I take my kids here every year for their Birthday. The ages are 10 and 12. They have a blast every time. If you go have plenty of money because the magi quest is worth every penny but can be costly. Try to eat off the resort the food is decent but cost quite a bit. Make sure you bring plenty of bottled water and snacks. The rooms are clean and I was happy with the beds.

• Stayed February 2013
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is now our 4th visit as a family, and it was still a hit. Our kids are ages 9-12, so they were old enough to enjoy all of the water park features and other attractions, but not too old to be "above it all." We went in January, so only the indoor part was open, but it was not overly crowded. My only complaint on the water park is that the chlorine levels are too high - we all had really red and burning eyes.

The rooms are pretty spacious, but the beds and furnishings are more fun and not so much comfortable. We almost always get the KidzCabin, and I'm pretty sure they used to have king beds, but this time it was definitely only a Queen. The fridge and microwave are very handy - bring your own snacks. As mentioned, everything is pretty pricey - we usually eat at the breakfast buffet because it's good and has a lot of variety, but we go off property for everything else. It has a very Disney-like quality, but cheaper and closer (for us). I wouldn't go every year, but we will probably make at least one more visit before the kids outgrow it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

1. Rooms are large and spaciousl.
2. Rooms are quiet, especially for a place that caters to kids.
3. You're essentially at a themepark, so nothing is cheap.
4. Waterpark isn't as big as I expected, but wasn't crowded due to us going on a Monday and Tuesday.
5. Wouldn't want to stay there when it is busy as I could see long waits easily appearing.
6. Kids had a blast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
San Angelo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Our first trip to GWL in Grapevine was disappointing but we gave it another try and are glad we did. They now have valet(around $20 per day) which made it easier to come and go this trip. My only complaint is if you stand out of the way, they give priority to the person standing right there even if you were first.

The buffet is good with made to order omelets and fajitas. They have dropped the prices on the food for kids. I personally like Camp Critter best, the restaurant above the buffet, especially the Character Breakfast. We had fun with Robofusion creating a soft serve icecream treat, but $5 is too much.

It was totally sold out during Spring Break week yet service was tops nearly every time. I did have trouble getting a bellman to come so I finally asked two other employees for help and the second one helped me find a luggage cart and carry it to the valet station.

I appreciate they added lifts by most pools for the disabled. This place is better than most for wheelchair users though it is obviously wet in the waterpark so you want to cover your controls.

Lazer Frenzy ($3 for up to two minutes) is so fun we did it 9 times. The motion movie ride is fun too, but expensive at $8 per person, per ride.

If money was tight I would not be going to GWL or anyplace else. If your budget includes a weekend or a vacation away, I would consider it an excellent choice. We ALWAYS have fun.

The massage and pedicure were the best I have had and much cheaper than when we travel.

Room Tip: Don't get the 6th floor, especially near the elevators because the Magic Quest game will bring k...
1 Thank FamilyWithWheelchair
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The place was good for the winter time but I really wouldn't waste my time going in the summer when there are other water parks you could visit. By the way don't get the pizza, it really sucks, seriously. If went thru Spirit Incentive and paid $100 for 2 nights, but if I would have paid full price I really would have been disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank veronicasvc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grapevine
Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North
Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Grapevine
Super 8 Grapevine/DFW Airport Northwest
Hampton Inn and Suites Dallas - DFW Airport North / Grapevine
Homewood Suites Dallas - DFW Airport N - Grapevine

Been to Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine? Share your experiences!