“The staff seemed too overwhelmed to the crowd size.” 3 of 5 stars

You added Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine to your Saves list
Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   100 Great Wolf Drive, Grapevine, TX 76051-0962   |
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
“The staff seemed too overwhelmed to the crowd size.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The room was not serviced our entire stay. The room was extremely stuffy. It was dusty and moldy. Allergy and asthma attacks non stop. Not worth the money. It was too crowded. Staff complained of having to work long hours and rooms were booked to capacity.

• 1 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
Plano, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I purchased a special discount to take my family and some of my daughter's friends for a belated birthday celebration. I mistakenly thought I'd cut a chunk of the significant cost because of the room discount, and my kids were both totally excited about our trip because I said we could add on some extras since we were saving so much money.

Upon arrival at the hotel, it's clear that the place is totally, completely tailored to children and families. My son was able to keep himself plenty busy in the lobby area while I waited in line to check in and pay about $100 in fees and taxes. From here on out, I'll just call Great Wolf Lodge the "$100" hotel. After making our way to the room -- it was nice, clean, comfortable enough -- we wanted to explore. Let's pick up magic wands to play the treasure-hunting game in the hotel! $100. Let's get dinner! $100. Breakfast? You guessed it, $100.

If cost is not a consideration for you, Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine is a BLAST. My kids really, really enjoyed it. My husband and I enjoyed it too. The water park was uber-fun, and there's so much going on all the time that there is also plenty to keep the kids busy. The restaurants were also good, and even though the hotel was packed with families enjoying a long weekend we didn't have to wait to be seated.

Overall, I recommend this resort. We will likely go back, as the kids wanted to stay longer. However, we'll continue to watch for specials. Our one night, two days in the hotel with activities for the kids ended up costing as much as we would have paid for a weekend in Mexico for just the four of us... so perhaps this will be our getaway during hurricane season. :)

Room Tip: Stayed in one of the loft rooms -- plenty of space for four pre-teen girls and chaperone parents!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Stacey V
Boerne, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I never knew how much fun a family could have at Great Wolf Lodge! Granted, I was with preteen children that could explore on their own. But, I felt very safe within this environment. MagiQuest will keep kids busy for hours! The decor was amazing.The water park was terrific and well-supervised by the staff. The Elements Spa was perfect for adults! Plenty to do and see. I would definitely recommend it to others!!

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevators and stairs...it's quieter. Be prepared for lots of walki...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

For years I balked at the price of staying here. Just do it. Book 3 months in advance for the best rate & stay. Wow. This place is amazing. Stayed with husband & 5 year old. Really, it wouldn't matter if you had a 5 month old or a 50 year old, you'll have a blast. Spa was great, restaurants were great, staff was great, pools were great, beds were SO comfortable. We already have plans to go back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AnOkieTraveler
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Loved the hotel and the family environment, it is on the expensive side but its so amazing and fun for the entire family. Tip, do buy the $70 package at the front desk that includes a magic wand and the magic quest game. It's so much cheaper than to walk in to the store, once your kids see All the other kids playing magic quest around the hotel they will not stop bothering u till you get it. I wish I would've know this before, I spend $56 on the magic wand and magic quest alone. :(

Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Place is for families with small children. I get that. I don't get why the room walls are so thin and that every door of every room slam hard when you shut them. All night I heard slamming doors literally every 2-5 minutes. They slam so hard that the photos on the wall rattle.

I also don't get why the elevators are so slow. They have about 6-8 elevators but only 1 work at a time. The parking is atrocious that you're forced to use valet. I heard this place was fairly new but the rooms look a bit dated. (1999 wants their TV back). The free wifi is a joke. I know, it's free, but come on. My 3G service is faster. We use the wifi to find restaurants and other stuff to do.

I'm sure the kids had fun, but they're going somewhere else next time. I'm sure there will be a response from the staff, but it is what it is.

2 Thank CrabbyKing93
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

This hotel exists solely for the purpose of entertaining children, so if you want to give your kids a fun weekend, go there. My kids loved the waterpark which was a beating for the adults. They also loved the arcade and laser game. The food was mediocre at best, we went to all of the different restaurants, all low priced for a resort.
The rooms were clean but not even slightly luxurious. I would return here just because my kids had such a good time, which in turn I had fun watching them.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank QueenHock
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grapevine
Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport North
Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport North/Grapevine
Super 8 Grapevine/DFW Airport Northwest
Hampton Inn and Suites Dallas - DFW Airport North / Grapevine
Homewood Suites Dallas - DFW Airport N - Grapevine

Been to Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine? Share your experiences!