Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$107
SpringHill Suites
Comfort Suites DFW N/Grapevine(Grapevine)(Great Value!)
$120
$101
Hotels.com
$109
HIExpress.com
Hyatt Place Dallas/Grapevine(Grapevine)(Great Value!)
$132
$169
$150
Courtyard
$100
$89
TripAdvisor
5,668 results
All reviewsgreat wolf lodgewater parkmagic questwave poolbunk bedsropes coursemagiquest gameindoor waterparkdance partyall agespizzalife guardsfamily suiteolder kidsgreat family funwhole familyfamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Great Wolf Lodge, Grapevine. We had three kids with us, ages 6-9; three adults. The staff at the hotel couldn't have been more friendly to us and toward our needs. We were able to stay two nights and the value was definitely there. The initial cost might seem a bit steep, but once inside the resort, the prices for everything isn't too bad comparable to
Other resorts. The food was really good for "by the pool/bar food". The waterpark itself is very clean and well kept. The lifeguards are very vigilant allowing the parents to feel able to "relax" a bit more.
All in all a great stay!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We greatly enjoyed our visit to the Great Wolf Lodge. We only stayed one night but wish we had stayed 2 instead as we felt rushed to fit everything in. The whole family enjoyed the water park. It was a bit smaller than I had imagined but tons of fun. The kids absolutely LOVE the Magic Quest game and really enjoyed the arcade and 3-d movie. The Halloween parade, trick or treating and storytime were a bit lame. I'm guessing our kids (7 and 9) were just a bit too old). The food at the hotel was not good and over priced but was honestly exactly what I expected. It's no different than Disney. Low quality food at a super high price. We ate at the breakfast buffet and it was really not very good. We ate lunch at the water park and it was very much sub-par. Yuck. Again, what I expected from a theme-park type hotel. We ate lunch and dinner outside of the hotel the first day and were much happier. There is PLENTY to eat outside of the hotel.

To those that complain that there is no enough for adults, I'd encourage you to do more research before you travel. While I enjoyed this resort, I would never consider going there without my kids. It is VERY kid oriented. The beds were on the hard side but I slept fine in it. Our family loved the Wolf Den we stayed in.

I would not pay summer or peak time prices to go to Great Wolf Lodge but off season, when prices are MUCH lower, it's a great place to visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

The water park area was great. The rooms looked nice but the beds were horrible. Food was horribly over priced and sub-par for the price you pay to stay. Overall we were happy with our purchase but will not stay at the location. We left after the first night and stayed at a near by hotel. The one very positive thing was, you could check out and use your wrist band to swim the whole day after you checked out. We got a discount on living social, thank God because we would have been so upset to pay full price for the place.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Don H
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I booked a room for my girls and I during this past summer. I was told that I would not be eligible for the government rate because there was a "drastic difference in quotes". I am a 50% disabled veteran that still works for the government. I got the room anyway because, I knew my girls would love the bunk beds, water park and magiquest.

We were at the water park and had a blast! We were toweling off towards the end of the day. I put my brand new Smartphone on top of my used towel (which happened to be on a trash can) while I dried my girls off. A GWL employee pulls the towel off and my phone goes flying and subsequently breaks on the ground. The employee shrugged and said, "oops. Sorry about that." and walks off. I went to deal with management about this and they told me that it wasn't the resorts fault that their employee broke my phone. I asked the night manager "Is this how you treat veterans?" her reply, "Veterans mean nothing."

I will never use this place again. I hope that other active duty, reserve and veterans boycott this place. I would have been mad if I wasn't reimbursed for my new phone being damaged, but Iwould not have taken time out of my life to write a review. The thing that got me was the night manager (2IC) said what she said about veterans.

Also, the beds sucked.
Good grief.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else and just pay to do the activities there.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank boondockjoe
GWL_Management, Assistant General Manager at Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay in July.

As mentioned during your visit, I apologize your phone was damaged. Yet, our park attendant had no way of knowing there was a phone wrapped up in a used towel sitting on the trash can. Even so, we felt badly about the damage and did reimburse you for the phone the next morning. More importantly, I want to reassure you that Great Wolf cares greatly about our active duty and retired military personnel. We offer special rates exclusive to them as well as entertain hundreds of families every year through the Strong Bonds program. I’m very glad your children had a blast at the water park and enjoyed the resort.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Ken Broom

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Pros-good fun for kids, room had nice TV, lobby area and outside of lodge is very nice, storytime for kids is nice. I went in October and they had a trick or treat thing for kids too. Lifegaurds in the park were a big help and they always had dry towels in the park. Cons-expensive, room did not meet expectations in cleanliness. Had a pillow with a sham with what looked like a drool stain on it and I noticed this before anyone in my party had slept on the bed. Super gross! Also my 1 year old found a decorative rock on the floor and was fixing to put it in her mouth so they obviously didn't clean the floor good, if at all. I found out later the rock came from the gift shop and was left by someone before us. There was also a good 6 or 7 " gap between the top of the matress and the headboard that was attached to the wall and my 1 year old almost fell down into the hole.Their wifi was very slow so I just gave up trying to use it. Elevators always seemed to be an issue as well. We always had to wait a long time for them to come to our floor and sometimes they were already full when they opened so we would have to keep waiting. they obviously need more elevators for their volume. Since the lodge is so large and maybe 8 or 9 stories tall the stairs would take a long time to use for some too. Expect to park and walk a long way from the entrance of the lodge unless you are one of the lucky few to get a close parking space and unless you dine in their expensive restaruants you will be walking back and forth from lodge to car to go eat. Water park was good except for the water temperature. For October I was expecting warm water and it was uncomfortably cool for me and my two kids, Especially the one year old who I had to take out of the water because she was shivering. I took her into the "hot tub" which was luke warm at best. Better than the rest of the water though. Would have been nice to have complimentary breakfast for the price you pay for the room. I mean, even the cheap hotels can do that for you. I doubt we will be repeat customers. Great Wolf did't live up to the advertisement and hype in my opinion.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family