“Pricey but perfect!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Into The Glass Wine Bar and Texas Cafe - CLOSED

Into The Glass Wine Bar and Texas Cafe
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Arlington, Virginia
“Pricey but perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I came here with three friends after reading some great reviews. The wine selection was great and the food delicious (though the table pretty much agreed that the shrimp and grits dish was the star.)

Go early, the place is small. Besides the great meal, it's in a really cute downtown area. What a find, if I ever travel back to grapevine, I'll come here for sure.

3 Thank caroline k

Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“Hidden Gem of Grapevine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Into the Glass offers more than just a fabulous, rotating wine menu. The food at this establishment has a personal quality that no other restaurant in the area can boast. Most of the time the chef brings your dish(es) out, freshly cooked and never having sit under a heat lamp. Each dish is handcrafted with fresh ingredients. We've had the cheese tray a dozen times or more... each time the cheeses are different. This allows us to try something new almost every visit. The best thing about Into The Glass is the staffs PERSONAL knowledge of the wines they are pouring. They want to make sure you are getting exactly what your palette craves. If you want to relax for a glass of wine and an experience, I highly recommend Into the Glass. If you are looking for a quick glass of wine, this isn't the place for you.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
3 Thank Courtney A
Dallas, Texas
“Can't beat the food or the atmoshphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Get the chicken and dumplings!! Warms your soul, but leaves you with a red hand print on your face because you told your mom theirs was better.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Bret U
Lolo, MT
“Well worth every penny!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Thought I'd try this little gem after reading previous reviews.

Lucky for me, today was a slow day (not so lucky for the owner though, I suppose). I was the only patron in the establishment until the last 20 minutes of my visit.

Quaint little restaurant in a historic building. The wine list was certainly impressive,but sadly I know nothing about wine and was on company business. Just ice water for me.

Decided to try the angus beef dip. DELICIOUS! The meat was thinly sliced and not fatty at all. Provolone was a great addition. The bun - oh, the bun! VERY fresh and toasted. Fantastic! Topped with cheddar and jalapenos, served with a house au jus that is wayyy beyond what is usually served with a beef dip. For my side, I had the marinated cucumber salad. Yum!

I succumbed to dessert and had the sweet potato pie cake. It is also incredible (but would easily serve 2 after a meal!!).

I would visit again :)

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank CanadianinMT
Frederick, Maryland
“Good food, nice atmosphere but not good service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

I am from out of town on business and choose to meet a co-worker who was also visiting the area and choose the restaurant based on reviews. The atmosphere was cozy, the wine list had a nice variety and the food was good (we both had salads and the Mac and cheese appetizer). My unfavorable review was due to the service. There was a party of 8-10 people beside us who were obviously spending a lot of money and received all the attention. It was hard to get an order placed and there was little attention during meal or when we were done. There were several waiters so it wasn't just one who was un-attentive.

Visited October 2013