“Can't beat the food or the atmoshphere!”

Into The Glass Wine Bar and Texas Cafe
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Get the chicken and dumplings!! Warms your soul, but leaves you with a red hand print on your face because you told your mom theirs was better.

2  Thank Bret U

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Thought I'd try this little gem after reading previous reviews.

Lucky for me, today was a slow day (not so lucky for the owner though, I suppose). I was the only patron in the establishment until the last 20 minutes of my visit.

Quaint little restaurant in a historic building. The wine list was certainly impressive,but sadly I know nothing about wine and was on company business. Just ice water for me.

Decided to try the angus beef dip. DELICIOUS! The meat was thinly sliced and not fatty at all. Provolone was a great addition. The bun - oh, the bun! VERY fresh and toasted. Fantastic! Topped with cheddar and jalapenos, served with a house au jus that is wayyy beyond what is usually served with a beef dip. For my side, I had the marinated cucumber salad. Yum!

I succumbed to dessert and had the sweet potato pie cake. It is also incredible (but would easily serve 2 after a meal!!).

I would visit again :)

2  Thank CanadianinMT
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I am from out of town on business and choose to meet a co-worker who was also visiting the area and choose the restaurant based on reviews. The atmosphere was cozy, the wine list had a nice variety and the food was good (we both had salads and the Mac and cheese appetizer). My unfavorable review was due to the service. There was a party of 8-10 people beside us who were obviously spending a lot of money and received all the attention. It was hard to get an order placed and there was little attention during meal or when we were done. There were several waiters so it wasn't just one who was un-attentive.

1  Thank Natalie B
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

I love this place. It is my favorite restaurant and place to try new wines! Love the guys there too. Ask for best Malbec and was served Tucumen Malbec. It was amazing!

1  Thank SouthlakeLois
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I love the cozy dining room. There is off street parking around the block. My guest and I had the soups. Tomato blue cheese and Roasted mushroom. Both were creamy and very tasty, served with crusty bread. There are plenty of options on the menu we chose the beef and mushroom panni served with mac and cheese ,lettuce and tom on plate. The beef was tender and tasty very flavorful. creme brulee was spot on.
Plenty of wine and beer options. my merlot from Calif- had a hint of pepper and currant. I had to have a second glass. I love the option of buying a taste for 3.00 so you could taste several wines if you wanted to.
Service was good. Friendly and right on with meal options. They did not rush us. we will be back

1  Thank Nancy T