“fresh fresh fresh”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Guacamole made at my table, margarita obviously made from juices and not a mix, chips hot and crisp not greasy and hard and even quick and attentive service. fresh change

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Texas in general, and the Dallas - Ft. Worth area specifically has more Mexican choices than any other area in the country. So many choices, in fact, it seems like you could try a different restaurant every day for a year and still not get to them all. No need to try. Cantina Laredo is hands down the best. From the fresh guacamole they make at the table, to the outstanding margaritas to the modern take on Mexican favorites, everything we tried was fantastic. The service is very friendly, the chips are served with two kinds of hot sauce (one of them warm and sightly smokey/spicy), and restaurant is very comfortable (although a bit hard to find - we almost drove past it).I think we found our new favorite Mexican restaurant.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I stopped in here a few days ago for the first time in awhile. This place used to be one of the best Mexican food restaurants in the metroplex. Not now. I walked in at lunch time and there were people at only 4 or 5 tables (should have been my first clue). This place used to be packed during lunch. They used to serve a cup of queso dip with the chips and salsa. That's gone. The salsa, watered down. I ordered the soft tacos from the lunch menu. I expected regular size tortillas but what I got looked like an appetizer. The tacos were about as big as a coaster. The chicken, pretty good except for the bone I bit on that was at least 1/2 inch long. The manager did comp my meal after he "collected the evidence" (his words). I don't know what happened but this place has gone down hill. Very disappointing !!! Sad, because I previously loved to eat here but, this was my last visit. Too many other great Tex/Mex places in Grapevine for me to waste my time and money here.

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Visited here with friends expecting a special treat and came away feeling tricked. We knew we were off to a rocky start when our waiter welcomed us to a different restaurant and then announced that he had been working at this restaurant only a couple of days. We were willing to give him a fair chance until 2 of the drink orders were done incorrectly and had to be redone more than once (salt/no salt, frozen/on the rocks)! For an entree' costly over $15 I was not expecting the small, sloppily presented portions I received. The plate was long and narrow with the sides trying to flow onto the table. In my opinion the quality of the food was okay but nothing close to upscale, barely above fast food. My friend's shrimp/crab cerviche was a soupy, chopped up inedible mess. Over all, an expensive disappointment.

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Sitting here as I write this review, two appetizers down, working on my third, and probably last, margarita.

I usually come here once a week, M-F, 4-7 PM, and 9-close, happy hour(s), order half price Platillos del Bar and/or Taqueria menu.

Tonight it was Crab Cakes Poblano, 3 lump crab cakes with poblano buerre blanc, followed by 3 Barbacoa brisket beef tacos, smothered in pickled red onions, jack cheese and cilantro. Both plates were half price, or $5.50 each. I swear, you can't stay home that cheap. House Margaritas are $3.00 during happy hour, and only $5.00 otherwise, on Mondays.

Staff is friendly and the food is fresh and very well prepared.

Looking forward to my next visit!