“Great Steaks”
Review of Old Hickory

Old Hickory
Ranked #8 of 265 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Excellent food and service. The menu was really good and the price was average for a steakhouse. The corn was awesome.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We really enjoyed our dinner; excellent service - not rushed. Steaks cooked perfectly. Dessert (creme brulee) was divine. Best dish was the chipotle creamed corn - to die for!

1  Thank caroleiaap
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Food fabulous
Service attentive and timely
Atmosphere quiet and stately

1  Thank Home_Castle
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The food and service were wonderful. The atmosphere was great and our waiter was excellent.

Date of visit: June 2012
Reviewed June 6, 2012

and you get what you pay for. I went here with 3 co-workers for dinner. Spent about 70 (not including drinks) on myself. Service was prompt and polite. Lower light atmosphere, but quiet and great to relax and enjoy a good meal.

I had the wedge salad to start - it was arrived promptly with an elegant display. It was fresh and the dressing was great; I asked said on the bleu cheese - it came out just right.

I ordered a medium sized filet mignon for dinner. It came out exactly as ordered. I did not need salt or sauce... it was delicious, moist and flavorful.

For dessert I had creme brulee and a regular coffee. The dessert was good. Coffee was OK, could have been slightly fresher. Co-workers got the caramel corn custard - I tried some and it was also good. It was served in a waffle cone on a plate. I did not sample the cone but imagine that it would have been a good combo with the custard.

As this is a high end restaurant inside the Gaylord resort I expected it to be expensive. I expected just a little more pizzazz on dessert, but overall the food, service and experience were worth it.

Date of visit: May 2012

Been to Old Hickory? Share your experiences!