“Don't Miss This Gem”

Cafe Italia
Ranked #1 of 245 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: At Cafe Italia we offer our customers a warm and inviting atmosphere where they can enjoy their time with some of the finest Italian cuisine. We've got everything from steaks and traditional Italian fare to fresh seafood. Whether you're stopping in for a family dinner or a romantic dinner date for two, the affordable nature of our restaurant and excellent wait staff will ensure it's an experience to remember. Cafe Italia aspires to bring you the most authentic Northern and Southern Italian cuisine. We strive hard to achieve the best possible dining experience on offer in the Grapevine, TX area. We're proud to call our customers family and thoroughly enjoy seeing them week after week. We're a growing business, but we still remember those who stop in for lunch or dinner with us.
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Service: I went on a very busy Saturday night. I was greeted at the door by a nice Italian man that I assumed was the owner. It is a really, really small restaurant but they were able to seat me within a few minutes. Because the dining area is so small, the table are pretty close together...but honestly, I didn't mind this time. The wait staff were quick and attentive. I asked my waiter for a recommendation on the menu and his pick was simply perfect. I enjoyed every bite. I couldn't eat it all, so he nicely boxed it up for me to take back to my hotel. They were quick at getting me cashed out and were just overall friendly. They certainly added value to my experience.

Food: Great Italian food for Texas. My red sauce was very good. (It did not taste like it came out of can.) I thoroughly enjoyed every bite. And who can pass up the bread...so very good.

Value: The prices are very fair considering the quality and quantity of food.

Atmosphere: Reminded me of a little cafe in Italy. It was well decorated. The lighting was dim, so there was a more subdued yet friendly atmosphere. There were couples, families and friends all enjoying their conversation, food and wine...the essences of Italian living.

This little restaurant is easy to miss if you are really looking. It is in a small building down the road from the Great Wolf. Don't miss the opportunity to enjoy this hidden gem in Grapevine!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

This place was pretty good. I've had much better southern italian, but it did it's job. The waiters and some of the staff were from Italy but the red sauce just tasted like it was out of a can. But it was still pretty good. I had the Caprese salad which was decent, except for the fact it was drudged in Balsamic Vinegar, but I like Balsamic so I didn't mind too much. Meatballs tasted homemade for sure.

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

We met friends here for dinner last night and were surprisingly pleased. My wife had a delicious Chilean sea bass which melted like butter in your mouth. I had the Genoveze and the sauce was amazing. The bread is just a plain Italian loaf sliced with butter packets. The resraurant is BYOB so we brought 2 bottles of wine and they provide the glasses and corking. The restaurant is a little loud due to its size, but we will definitely be back again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I would be the first to admit that Grapevine, Texas isn't located in Italy but this place reminds me of that little place I found in Florence last year. Great service, sauces from the old country and bread made just right. All that with BYOW and reasonable prices. It gets busy on the weekends so call ahead for reservations.

flo

Reviewed May 8, 2013

inexpensive great bread, salad and wonderful business lunch or casual dinner spot, food yummy and decor is old school italian, friendly waitstaff. excellent value. great family spot