“Good Italian for Grapevine”
Review of Cafe Italia

Cafe Italia
Ranked #1 of 245 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: At Cafe Italia we offer our customers a warm and inviting atmosphere where they can enjoy their time with some of the finest Italian cuisine. We've got everything from steaks and traditional Italian fare to fresh seafood. Whether you're stopping in for a family dinner or a romantic dinner date for two, the affordable nature of our restaurant and excellent wait staff will ensure it's an experience to remember. Cafe Italia aspires to bring you the most authentic Northern and Southern Italian cuisine. We strive hard to achieve the best possible dining experience on offer in the Grapevine, TX area. We're proud to call our customers family and thoroughly enjoy seeing them week after week. We're a growing business, but we still remember those who stop in for lunch or dinner with us.
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This place was pretty good. I've had much better southern italian, but it did it's job. The waiters and some of the staff were from Italy but the red sauce just tasted like it was out of a can. But it was still pretty good. I had the Caprese salad which was decent, except for the fact it was drudged in Balsamic Vinegar, but I like Balsamic so I didn't mind too much. Meatballs tasted homemade for sure.

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

We met friends here for dinner last night and were surprisingly pleased. My wife had a delicious Chilean sea bass which melted like butter in your mouth. I had the Genoveze and the sauce was amazing. The bread is just a plain Italian loaf sliced with butter packets. The resraurant is BYOB so we brought 2 bottles of wine and they provide the glasses and corking. The restaurant is a little loud due to its size, but we will definitely be back again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I would be the first to admit that Grapevine, Texas isn't located in Italy but this place reminds me of that little place I found in Florence last year. Great service, sauces from the old country and bread made just right. All that with BYOW and reasonable prices. It gets busy on the weekends so call ahead for reservations.

flo

Reviewed May 8, 2013

inexpensive great bread, salad and wonderful business lunch or casual dinner spot, food yummy and decor is old school italian, friendly waitstaff. excellent value. great family spot

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We took our granddaughter to the Dallas area for spring break. She loves Italian food, so that is nearly always the first thing we look for. I read all the reviews and decided to try Cafe Italia. I usually order a chicken entree and asked the waiter, and he suggested the Chicken Genovez. It was wonderful!. My granddaughter had eggplant parmesan, and she loved it. My husband, however, did not care for his. He ordered the lobster ravioli. (I should add that he is not really fond of Italian food, however.)
The service was very good. I would go back.