“Italian food in Grapevine”
Review of Cafe Italia

Cafe Italia
Ranked #2 of 251 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: At Cafe Italia we offer our customers a warm and inviting atmosphere where they can enjoy their time with some of the finest Italian cuisine. We've got everything from steaks and traditional Italian fare to fresh seafood. Whether you're stopping in for a family dinner or a romantic dinner date for two, the affordable nature of our restaurant and excellent wait staff will ensure it's an experience to remember. Cafe Italia aspires to bring you the most authentic Northern and Southern Italian cuisine. We strive hard to achieve the best possible dining experience on offer in the Grapevine, TX area. We're proud to call our customers family and thoroughly enjoy seeing them week after week. We're a growing business, but we still remember those who stop in for lunch or dinner with us.
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We took our granddaughter to the Dallas area for spring break. She loves Italian food, so that is nearly always the first thing we look for. I read all the reviews and decided to try Cafe Italia. I usually order a chicken entree and asked the waiter, and he suggested the Chicken Genovez. It was wonderful!. My granddaughter had eggplant parmesan, and she loved it. My husband, however, did not care for his. He ordered the lobster ravioli. (I should add that he is not really fond of Italian food, however.)
The service was very good. I would go back.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I am a foodie so ambiance is as important to me. What I love about this place are two things. (1) Excellent food. (2) BYOW (Bring Your Own WIne). I have an extensive wine collection and it is awesome that I can bring my own wine into this establishment. Staff is great as well.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We were actually told how fast we had to eat. Yup... Sorry, we have reservations... so we are going to seat you but you have to be out within an hour at the most. We left a whole lot quicker than an hour. Tried it again later with friends (because they wanted to go) food was "fair" at best.

1  Thank cgaralis
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Great place to take friends and family. Fresh pasta and bread made daily. The owners treat you like visiting family coming over for dinner. Don't see what you want on the menu. Just ask!!!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

This restaurant deserves a review from a person who never writes them. I was born and raised in NY till I was 24, after that I became a flight attendant, so trust me, I get around as far as restaurants go. I officially moved to Texas in June of 2012. As a New Yorker, I've tried many NY Italian restaurants, from those on Long Island, to those in NYC. I have NEVER had as good of a penne ala vodka as I had at Cafe Italia. I took my parents (both never lived anywhere but Long Island, NY) to this restaurant and they agreed, their food was just as good, if not better than any Italian restaurant in NY, and the best penne ala vodka they've ever had (their minestrone soup is very good as well). The best part about this restaurant is its location. It's so easy to do a quick Grapevine Walking Wine Tour up and down Main St (hitting Cross Timbers First, then Su Vino and Farinos, then crossing the street and doing D'Vine and Homstead last) which brings you right back up to rt 114, where Cafe Italia is and you can BYOW (Bring Your Own Wine or BYOB, so make sure to pick up a couple of bottles along the way). It truly is an amazing restaurant, the service is fantastic, they'll even chill a bottle of wine and serve you a glass while you wait for your table. Plus, they are always there when you need something. They are truly one of the best restaurant in the DFW/Grapevine area. I force my boyfriend to go on mini wine tours every couple of months to pick up some wine so we can go to Cafe Italia for dinner. And he loves every second of it! Go! Please!

2  Thank Thein312