“A reasonably price for a good steak & atmosphere”
Review of Mac's on Main

Mac's on Main
Reserve with OpenTable
Mac's on Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 260 Restaurants in Grapevine
Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

First, we visited on the night of July 4th, so our 4* rating may have been higher on another night. This night the waitstaff was mainly composed of 25 y/o and younger, but the chef was on top of his game with a nice ribeye and baked potato. The bread was really the most outstanding part of the meal, I. That it was very light and served warm-hot, making the butter easily soaked deep into the core! The ribeye steaks had a nice Smokey flavor and at only $26, was reasonable for the location. The ambiance is nice for couples or parties up to about 10-12, who want to be able to converse. We didn’t have room for dessert, so that is a compliment to the portion size! Waitstaff was slow with water refills, but again it was a holiday and while slow they were very polite!

Reviewed July 3, 2018

MAC's on Main was delicious! I had a very difficult task choosing just one entree and bounced all over the menu before chosing the prime rib and basil mashed potatoes! The wine menu was interesting and we enjoyed our choice. We started with a grilled shrimp tamale with cilantro sauce that was amazing. The value-friendly item was prime rib and it was very satisfying. We also had the chicken and linguini with cilantro sauce because we loved that sauce. The space was peaceful and good for conversation. Our server was engaging and eager to help first-timers.

Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went to Mac's for his birthday. We had the scallop appetizer that was excellent. We I other had the house salad that was okay. I was expecting a better vinaigrette but it was a little blaw. I ordered the Cilantro Chicken and it was good. My husband had the Pecan Trout which was very fishy with quinoa. I usually like quinoa but not this mixture. He said it was okay but I thought his dinner was really bad. Mac's has the most amazing bread. We shared the Apple Gallette for dessert and it was excellent. The service was very good. The room was very quiet mainly couples then they seat a group of 10 young women that we're so loud we could barely hear the waitress to finalize our bill. To me they had another room they could have put such a loud group in, but they really did not analyze the situation.

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Took some friends out for dinner. Mac’s delivered again. Friends were very impressed and we were very happy. Appetizers were calamari, crab cakes and scallops oh so good.The prime rib just melted in your mouth. Rainbow trout excellent! Salmon with roasted corn relish on top served with asparagus fantastic! Unlimited salad. Cilantro chicken my girl’s favorite. Delicious dessert of key lime pie, cheesecake etc

Love this restaurant

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Best Chicken fried Chicken I have ever eaten!
Great environment; Good wait staff; friendly
Moderate price; good wine and alcoholic drink selection.

Been to Mac's on Main? Share your experiences!