“Texas BBQ, local restaurant, meat cooked with wood grill”
Review of Bartleys BBQ

Bartleys BBQ
Ranked #22 of 240 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I ordered the brisket plate to go, spend a total of $8. It came with 5-6 slices of perfectly cooked and tender brisket. The sides were standard - I had green beans and potato salad. I think the cobler might have been a better choice. It's located in the a strip mall - don't be afraid, try it. I would go back again. Folks were very friendly, but the dining room is austere.

There are newer reviews for Bartleys BBQ

Reviewed November 3, 2011

After finding Bartley's on a list of D Magazine's best BBQ joints in Dallas (http://www.dmagazine.com/Home/D_Magazine/2010/February/The_Best_Barbecue_in_Dallas.aspx), my husband and I made it a point to try it out.
It is a total hole in the wall, been there forever, grimy kind of place but...it just adds to the authenticity of the food. Totally unpretentious, and totally reasonably priced. The food is good. The barbecue sauce is really yummy. And they have all of the sides that any good bbq joint should have. Plus cooobbbler! Yum! We love to stop in whenever we're on that side of the Metroplex.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Best okra and bologna around.

This is one of the family's favorite places for take out BBQ. The staff is extremely accommodating and the food is true Texas BBQ.

Reviewed July 15, 2011

My friend recommended Bartleys because I recently moved to TX and explained I had not had good TX BBQ yet. I was surprised by the cafeteria style self serve buffet but the food was "Real TX BBQ". Ribs are fall of the bone, chicken was juicy and flavorful, and the rub on the brisket was the best I've had. No need for BBQ sauce!! My friend and I split a 3 meat combo and 2 sides and left stuff for under $15 total. Friendly staff behind the counter offered recommendations.

2  Thank MafiaChica
Reviewed February 22, 2011

I had heard some good things about Bartley's. I was dissappointed. Ribs were a let down; over cooked and little favor. Brisket was ok but nothing special.

It is amazing how difficult it is to get really good BBQ in Dallas/Ft. Worth area. There are a lot of simply average BBQ places in the Metroplex and, sadly, this is another one.

Skip it.