“just ok”
Review of Uncle Julio's

Uncle Julio's
Reserve with OpenTable
Uncle Julio's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 236 Restaurants in Grapevine
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
hotel
“just ok”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The food to me is just OK ~ there are alot better mexican restaurants in the area that i prefer over uncle julio's. The service is not all that great - last visit there we never had our water refilled, basically never really saw our server. For the money and food quality i would go to another mexican restaurant in the area

Flower Mound, Texas
“Delicious!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Uncle julios not only has great food...but the drinks (reverse swirl in particular) are the best! I've read a couple of other reviews and it's obvious #1 that these people don't have clue what to order in a mexican restaurant and #2 if you are comparing anything to taco bell, well we can see what kind of "fine dining" you do! Their habanero honey shrimp are to die for, as well as, cheese enchiladas with red sauce and white lime rice. Also, love their chicken flautas, both corn and flour! Not to mention the pollo blanco.....You just have to know WHAT to order. We also stumble upon a hot hot sauce, but you have to request it....I think it's much better than the original and some days so hot, even I can't eat it!! I hope this helps! And when eating out anywhere....you should always ask the waiter or waitress their personal favorites...after all they do eat there a lot ;)

• Visited December 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
“Poor Excuse for Mexican Food”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We ate at the Grapevine Uncle Julio's on 11/16/12. This was by far the very worst Mexican food that I have ever had in this area. What should have been a simple dinner (3 crispy tacos, refried beans and rice) was a disaster. The tacos that were advertised as crispy had a shell so hard that is was almost like cardboard. Their version of refried beans was a soupy mess of partially mashed beans mixed with chili. The rice was just okay. The only good thing that I can say is that the lettuce and tomatoes were fresh. I will NEVER waste my money on this over priced establishment again. I can get better tacos at Taco Bell than this. Our bill without tip (my husband had the very same thing) was $22.89. With tip over $26. The waitress visited our table exacely 3 times. Never again!!!!!

• Visited November 2012
Lenoir City, Tennessee
“Very good restaurant.”
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

I love the fresh flour tortillas and guacamole. The fajitas are wonderful. Order a steak and it is real steak cooked to your temperature. The price is around the same as any other steak or Mexican restaurant. I love this place.

Decatur, Texas
“The "Wheel Horse" in our team of consistently favorite restaurants!!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I may have reviewed this place before. However, they have now opened up in Grapevine, TX. Same good food and drinks. We especially enjoy having a couple of swirls (more if you have a designated driver and it is hot out) along with splitting a single order combo fajitas! Extra Mexican Butter is a must!! Pour that stuff on your fajita/tortilla....heaven in a tortilla!!

Visited November 2012